• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a Right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silly girl

California. My question, Do I have a legal right to seek action on a Doctor for diagnosing me with Glaucoma and treating me back in 1999 for only a year. After a year of treating me, he said I didn't have glaucoma and refused to refill my eye drops he had perscribed me. I believe it was because he did not except medi-cal and when I started seeing him at first I had insurance. 11 years later,
In January of 2012, I seen an Opthomoligist because i was unable to see completely out of my left eye, He asked me if I was ever diagnosed with glaucoma, I told him what happen and he proceeded to let me know my blindness was a result of him not continuing the medication. I request my medical records from the other doctor and they informed me they had none, all they had was a letter they had sent me back then that was returned to them.

tranquility

I don't really see your question. Do you have a right to your records? Sure. But, if they don't have them, they don't have them.

From http://www.hpi.georgetown.edu/privacy/stateguides/ca/ca.pdf
If your health care provider doesn’t have the record that you requested, they don’t have
to locate it for you. But your provider must tell you where the record is kept if they
know.
However, why do you want your records? I suspect any chance of a lawsuit being successful to be very slim--approaching the limit of zero. (statute of limitations)

ecmst12

You failed to follow up on your diagnosis or find an eye doctor who accepts your insurance for 11 years. Even if your eyes were perfectly healthy, you should be getting an eye exam no less than once every 2 years. This is your fault and no one else's.

I'mTheFather

You failed to follow up on your diagnosis or find an eye doctor who accepts your insurance for 11 years. Even if your eyes were perfectly healthy, you should be getting an eye exam no less than once every 2 years. This is your fault and no one else's.
Hence, the username.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">