• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have right to request correct medical bill?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KumaLiu

Ohio (only U.S. law)?

The dentist mailed me an incorrect bill $69, however, my EOB shows $23. When I called few months ago, they told me the bill is incorrect, and the owner is the only person we can correct the bill. The girl worked at billing department told me that until I made payment for $23, they will not correct the bill. So far, I called few times, she refuses to provide me a correct bill, and sometime she just hung up on me. I filled complaint via BBB, and the dentist is not responding. Right now they are charging me interest based on $69 (incorrect amount). Is there anything I can do to request a correct bill?
21 minutes ago

Additional Details

I have not paid yet because I am afraid the payment won’t be applied correctly. I spoke with the girl at billing department almost monthly hoping the owner finally got time to correct my bill. Since August 2011, they have been charging me interest on 2 billing cycle based on $69.

ecmst12

Pay what you owe and include a copy of the EOB from your insurance company. You will probably be liable for the interest since you have chosen to pay nothing, even though you know you owe something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">