• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doc left unnecessary staples in my wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

homer661

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

3 weeks ago, my wife had her appendix removed & the doctor used staples to seal the wound inside. Apparently, on his way in or out, he dropped at least 1 of those staples by her blatter. We caught it because she just had some x-rays done for a different reason. We went back to the doctor and he did a scan. He confirmed the staple was there but there's nothing at all to worry about & it can just stay there. Removing it would actually cause more harm.

We know NOTHING about these staples, so we have to take his word for it.

Should we be worried? Should we require him to remove the staple? Just leave it alone?

homer661

Thanks. We'll probably seek a second opinion then. I just want to do what's best for my queen! :)

Signed,
The over protective husband

funnybee

I know you must be concerned. When a doctor does an operation they have a surgical assistant count to make sure that this doesnt happen. I dont appreciate being called a troll. And Im not a doctor but I would be deeply concerned if it happened to someone in my family.

homer661

I guess I'm just worried about the thing traveling or causing an unknown issue sometime down the road. I don't want to regret not doing something about this 3 years from now because XYZ happened as a result of this extra staple.

Again, I know nothing about these things. But before this is all said & done, I'll be an expert. I guarantee you that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">