• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

doctor used vaccum in delivery room.! baby has a lump on head!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonny50

State : Florida

Hi, I'm writing because I need some help on an issue. Just about weeks ago when my newborn baby was born. I've noticed that he has a big lump on the side of his head!! It doesnt make any sense of why would he grow that.. I went to a pediatric clinic, and they told me that the babys billirubin level was kind of high, . so they perform some tests on him and they rescheduled me to come back later . and so I did return and they told me that the baby would be fine because the test results are okay. So i didnt worry much about that. BUT now I've noticed that the lump on my babys head has gotten a lot bigger now, and its really hard and rough when you feel it, and it wasnt like that before...so now i'm worried.. But then I realized that , the doctor at the delivery room did something.. " he actually used a hand vaccum to pull out the baby, by HIS HEAD,... I did noticed how awkward the shape of the baby head was when he came out.. so now I'm thinking that its the doctor at the delivery room that caused all this. i think he rushed the process by using a vaccum to pull out the baby. is there any way i can get the legal system involved here or are there any measures i can take ?? please help

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Try again. Edit your post, and don't use the Preview function: it eats posts.

And make sure to tell us what the doctor told you about the lump and how long s/he expects it to last.

swalsh411

I know two babies that had to have this done to them and they turned out fine.

Would you have preferred brain damage?

And honestly, educate yourself on a subject before running acount screaming lawsuit. Sometimes delivering a baby requires a little elbow grease.

CSO286

State : Florida

Hi, I'm writing because I need some help on an issue. Just about weeks ago when my newborn baby was born. I've noticed that he has a big lump on the side of his head!! It doesnt make any sense of why would he grow that.. I went to a pediatric clinic, and they told me that the babys billirubin level was kind of high, . so they perform some tests on him and they rescheduled me to come back later . and so I did return and they told me that the baby would be fine because the test results are okay. So i didnt worry much about that. BUT now I've noticed that the lump on my babys head has gotten a lot bigger now, and its really hard and rough when you feel it, and it wasnt like that before...so now i'm worried.. But then I realized that , the doctor at the delivery room did something.. " he actually used a hand vaccum to pull out the baby, by HIS HEAD,... I did noticed how awkward the shape of the baby head was when he came out.. so now I'm thinking that its the doctor at the delivery room that caused all this. i think he rushed the process by using a vaccum to pull out the baby. is there any way i can get the legal system involved here or are there any measures i can take ?? please help
My daughter had the lump from the vacuum and the conehead of a natural birth, but she finally ended up being delivered via C-section.

It can take a little while for bruises and the swelling to form.

Give it a little more time to heal, and keep your doctor informed of any changes. Are we talking one week ago? Two weeks?

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

I bet he is still a cute little sucker. Seriously mom, relax, take a step back and use the info these ladies have provided to do some research and calm yourself. If your new child does not develop according to the referenced timetables, stop back and touch base, get a doctor eval and at that point, worry about the future. For now, enjoy your new child. Good Luck.

anearthw

I'm sorry jonny, you've noticed recently that this lump/condition is changing and now you are worried? And you are asking about getting the legal system involved rather than having the newborn's bump re-examined in case there were complications from the vacuum extraction??? Really?

FYI the doctor could have used forceps instead so be thankful for the vacuum. That being said, if you (or your girlfriend/wife, jonny) had an induction, or epidural, or prolonged labour or a combination of all 3, then it really is no surprise that such an intervention had to be performed. There are a lot of interventions done on births these days (which is problematic in itself but not the issue here), and there is a reasonable chance that the doctor did not need to use a vacuum, but there appears to be no damages here to litigate. Unless there are damages, because you're saying a newborn's condition is changing but posting here instead....?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">