• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eating Disorder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HowAmI

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Is a mother legally allowed to force thier child in a hospital because he might have a eating disorder

The reason why i'm asking for help is because my mother has been diagnosed 3 times with anemia and she has it right now and she is thinking i either have anemia or anorexia and since im EXTREMELY picky when it comes to food i'm only 100lbs and she is saying that if i don't start eating that she will call my doctor and put me in a hospital and do the whole feeding tube thing.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Is a mother legally allowed to force thier child in a hospital because he might have a eating disorder

The reason why i'm asking for help is because my mother has been diagnosed 3 times with anemia and she has it right now and she is thinking i either have anemia or anorexia and since im EXTREMELY picky when it comes to food i'm only 100lbs and she is saying that if i don't start eating that she will call my doctor and put me in a hospital and do the whole feeding tube thing.
How old are you?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I read it that Mom has been Dx'd with anemia 3x; Mom thinks OP has either anemia or an eating d.o.

aardvarc

If you are a minor in FL, your parent can absolutely subject you to a medical evaluation. What happens from there, whether hospitalization, feeding tube, etc. isn't up to the parent...but to the DOCTOR. Parents can't force a hospital or any other facility to treat or admit. That's what doctors, and only doctors, get to do. If the doctor agrees that you need treatment, then that's what you can expect to happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">