• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

elder neuroleptic treatment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aclark17

Hi my mother is approaching her elder years and I have heard stories of elders being treated with terrible neuroleptic drugs such as haloperidol in hospitols and nursing homes. I would like to think I could prevent this from happening but my past experiances with county hospitols been difficult

ecmst12

The drug is used to treat schizophrenia, psychosis, and delusional behavior, at any age. If mom does not have these symptoms, there would be no need to use that medication. If she DOES, then the medication could be very helpful in preventing her from harming herself.

lealea1005

Why dont you go try it and then tell me if its somthing you would want your mother to take
Now, that was rude and uncalled for.

.....but my past experiances with county hospitols been difficult
Your Mother's experience may be different than yours. If Haldol is appropriate for your Mother's condition, it will be prescribed. If it's not, it won't. It is not (or shouldn't be) prescribed for dementia.

ecmst12

If my mother was suffering from delusions/psychosis, I would absolutely be open to treating her with that medication, if that's what her doctor recommended.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What, exactly, is it that you are looking for us to tell you? If I am understanding you correctly, your mother has not yet been even hospitalized, let alone treated with an inappropriate medication. Do I understand that you are looking for a legal means to prevent any hospital from treating your mother in a way that you do not find appropriate? You do, of course, have either a medical degree or pharmacist's license? You must, otherwise you would know that you are not qualified to direct your mother's medication.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">