• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father Killed By Doctor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lnsmktg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Back in September of 2012 I brought my father to the hospital. After about 7 hours he was examined by a neurologist who said he had water on the brain and needed emergency surgery to relieve the pressure on the brain. The operation was to be quick and routine and he would be back to normal immediately after the operation and could go home the next day. The surgeon nicked something in my dads brain giving him a brain hemorrhage that killed him the next day. The surgeon was acting erratically when he came in drinking a monster type energy drink. He allowed us to stay in the room while he prepped the room. He was throwing boxes around the room and just generally acting strang. My Dad was 79 years old. I would like to sue is there a case?

ecmst12

Take all of your father's medical records to an attorney for review, if you are the next of kin and have standing to do so. Not enough information has been posted to say whether malpractice occurred or if it did, whether that was the direct cause of your father's death - and you likely do not have the information needed to make that determination. You, or the next of kin, need to request the complete records from the surgery and get an expert opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">