• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fatty mass left after Umbilical hernia repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cruzTexas

Texas State

I had a very common umbilical hernia repair done with a mesh implant.
I had the normal result of a little fluid build up, swelling, and a little pain. I went back to ask if the "fluid" was going to go away. He replied with.."oh that's not fluid...it's a fatty mass." It wasn't there before I had the surgery, I am a thin woman, and I cant wear normal clothes now. He said it was normal complication...well, if it's a complication shouldn't HE fix it?? Also, I am having horrible pains when I excersize and bend over.

Gail in Georgia

So did you ask if this fatty mass could be removed surgically?

A normal complication is not indicative of malpractice.

How long ago was your surgery and how active is your exercise program?

Gail

Hot Topic

If you're truly concerned about your condition, why are you exercising and bending over? Why aren't you having it taken care of?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Hernia repair, one of the most common surgical procedures, carries a risk many patients don't consider: chronic pain after surgery.

More than 30% of patients may suffer from long-term chronic pain and restricted movement after surgery to fix a hernia, a bulge of the intestine or body fat through a weak area in the abdomen, studies show. Damage to nerves and muscles from the hernia may cause lingering discomfort. New synthetic mesh devices, though better than traditional sutures at reinforcing the abdominal wall, can irritate nerves and carry a slightly higher risk of infection.
A Secret for Patients Undergoing Hernia Repair - WSJ.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">