• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feeling ripped off by my dentist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenni4lc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.
I went to my dentist to have a new top denture made. (I have no insurance). I paid for it in full ($1400) up front. When I get the new denture it does not fit at all. The dentist then tells me that the only way it is going to fit properly is if I get a new bottom denture which would cost another $1400. Which I do NOT have! So now I am still using my old denture. The dentist office has the new one (the one that does not fit) and I am out the $1400 I spent on it.
The receptionist told me they will not refund my money. She tells me to just come back when I can afford to get a new bottom denture. Never, at anytime when I paid for the top denture, or when impressions were being made, was there any mention of the need to replace my bottom denture. Had I been told this at my initial visit that I needed top & bottom & the cost would be $2800 I would have declined.
How should this be handled? What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">