• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fell at DR office in 2012 and now am having back pain where initially injured. texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

somebizarredude

texas

back around January 2012 I went to the doctors office near my work and was diagnosed with a nasal infection, the dr had the nurse give me a steroid injection and an antibiotic injection, so she stuck me and said i was good to go. when i got to the front desk to pay i woke up on the floor with people standing over me and a collapsed coffee table next to me. i had passed out and the corner of the coffee table buried into my back just above my sacrum.
apparently the nurse was supposed to have me sit after the antibiotic injection because it is fairly common for people to pass out after that.(News to me)
well since she didn't, later that night I ended up at the ER with a bruise the size of a basketball on my back. the ER said it was just a bruise and would take a few months to heal.
since i fell at the DR their liability insurance covered the er bill and scheduled followup visit without any argument. and after a few weeks i had the follow up with my long time primary DR and he cleared me and said i would just be sore for a while. so i figured everything was ok and went on with my life.
the soreness never really stopped so i went back at the end of last year wanting a back scan and he just told me the deep divot was dead fat cells and the deep tissue in my back was probably still healing and would just be sore for a bit longer. well since then i am having increasingly worse spasms in my lower back and the divot that is deep in my back is where everything radiates from so i am positive there is tissue damage that i wasn't told about.

also last night i started looking over all the documents i saved and notice the er and both my doctors are in the same medical group and I think they just jerked me around.

Is it to late to sue the DR office where i fell to get my back fixed? i know there is a 2 year limit for initial injury, but at the time they paid my bills so i saw no need to sue.
but if i had known i would suffer later on i would have..... for the past year i have been unable to work due to the pain in my back so i cant even afford to get it checked on my own... not to mention the credit card bills i have racked up being unemployed...

do i have a glimmer of hope? or did i screw myself by not being greedy when it happened?

thank you

billybelieves

Sad to hear what you're going through. Have you talked to any lawyer about this? Do this - browse around online for lawyer offices and try to get a free consultation. You need to get two opinions before you decide to sue someone.

You need more solid proof. You can sue someone saying they’re in the same medical group. I remember a case that one of my neighbors had with a nursing home where she use to stay before. It was a similar mistake- they gave her an elevated dose of antibiotics and sent her off. She collapsed on the way out, and had a calf injury. The jerked her around for over a year, and when she found out that they were playing her, she sued, and won. But she asked around a lot before deciding to sue. She only found true relief after chiro treatment.

All the best!

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

Sad to hear what you're going through. Have you talked to any lawyer about this? Do this - browse around online for lawyer offices and try to get a free consultation. You need to get two opinions before you decide to sue someone.
It is NOT true that you "need to get two opinions before you decide to sue" (although that can often be something that is smart to do).

What needs to be considered first is whether the legal action falls outside the statute of limitations - as it does here (and as was indicated by adjusterjack over a month ago).

It appears, from what has been posted by somebizarredude, that somebizarredude has no personal injury suit to pursue.

You need more solid proof. You can sue someone saying they�re in the same medical group. I remember a case that one of my neighbors had with a nursing home where she use to stay before. It was a similar mistake- they gave her an elevated dose of antibiotics and sent her off. She collapsed on the way out, and had a calf injury. The jerked her around for over a year, and when she found out that they were playing her, she sued, and won. But she asked around a lot before deciding to sue. She only found true relief after chiro treatment.
Undocumented cases about what happened to some unknown neighbor in some unknown state related by some unknown poster on the internet are of absolutely no value. All personal injury cases will be judged on their own merits.

What billy believes, in other words, is not what anyone else should believe.

For anyone else who is seeking a personal injury attorney in Texas, here is a link to the Texas Bar Association, which can help guide in finding a lawyer: https://texasbar.com/findalawyer/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">