• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting a copy of a urinalysis w/results no copy ever given to recipient

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

free4all

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

If you are needing a copy of a urinalysis that was performed by a lab how do you request (receive) a copy if you were not provided one with the results?:confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

If you are needing a copy of a urinalysis that was performed by a lab how do you request (receive) a copy if you were not provided one with the results?:confused:
Did you pay for the test?

free4all

Did you pay for the test? No, this was one that the employer wanted performed. Copies of the test results were never given originally.

free4all

What happens if you do request it and for some reason you don't get a response from the lab or doctor?

ecmst12

If this is a test that your employer ordered and paid for, you are not entitled to a copy. The results belong to your employer - they may release them to you if you ask, but they are not required to.

free4all

I would like a copy of the lab's tests results done by urinalysis to compare with the test results done by the hair follicle test.
Is that something that could be done or no under the law?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would like a copy of the lab's tests results done by urinalysis to compare with the test results done by the hair follicle test.
Is that something that could be done or no under the law?
There's no law preventing it. But there's no law requiring that you be allowed a copy either. At this point, you're stuck with asking nicely.

free4all

All I know is what was stated to me. The lab results were positive; the hair follicle test was negative. The hair follicle test was taken within 24 hours of the urinalysis. To my understanding of hair tests, the results will show regardless of how long ago, how much was taken. This person was terminated under company policy a few weeks ago and is contemplating litigation against the lab that performed the test since they have never done any type of controlled substances. The company did not want to see the follicle tests at all. They only went by what their lab said.

ecmst12

It takes time for substances to get into your hair. If you took something yesterday, it won't be in your hair follicle but it will be in your urine. Or the same day as the accident (since that is usually what precipitates a drug test). Regardless, the test is the property of the employer and they are not required to release the results to anyone. And even if the test was a false positive, they don't have to give this person their job back.

And if this is not YOU, then it's none of your business anyway.

free4all

You're right it is not ANYBODY'S business, but I was just trying to find out information to pass along to this person so they could proceed with their next step. Thanks for your input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">