• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got burnt doing laser treatment...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

farmasa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
I was doing laser treatment for my pimples on my back for about the 10th time at American Lxxxx Center 2 days ago and got burnt, it seems like the laser was too strong and gave me wounds on the pimples. From the past experiences the red rashes from the laser all went away within the same day. I have taken some pictures today and you can still see the tiny wounds caused by the laser. Should I sue them? Because I spent $ on this treatments package (next session will be the last one), and it's hurting my back leaving small wounds... What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

ecmst12

Burns are a known risk of laser treatments, as would be outlined in the consent that you signed prior to treatment. Read your paperwork. Plus it sounds like these are very superficial burns that will heal easily with no permanent damages. So no, I don't see anything you can (successfully) sue over.

farmasa

Burns are a known risk of laser treatments, as would be outlined in the consent that you signed prior to treatment. Read your paperwork. Plus it sounds like these are very superficial burns that will heal easily with no permanent damages. So no, I don't see anything you can (successfully) sue over.
Let me go find the paper work... But like you said, these burns do look like it will heal with no no permanent damages. Thanks!

bazim

You should address your concerns to the doctor that performed the laser treatment and see if they are severe or if there is any medication or lotion you can apply on it. Also, like the previous user said, look over your paper work and see what you signed. If things get worse and out of hand, just get a free consultation from an attorney that handles malpractice cases. Hope you get well soon!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">