• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HIPAA laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kim1972

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee....I had a prescription filled yesterday and after I had picked it up someone other than myself called and asked if I had a prescription filled ave what it was. The information was provided to them. Have my rights been violated?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee....I had a prescription filled yesterday and after I had picked it up someone other than myself called and asked if I had a prescription filled ave what it was. The information was provided to them. Have my rights been violated?
Who is the "someone"?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You do understand that you can't sue for a HIPAA violation - you can report it, but, beyond that, you aren't a part of it any more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">