• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospital neglect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

Ulcers does not lead to death and the topic was not ulcers

You missed the point.

Leg ulcers are typically a sign that there's a serious underlying condition and that the patient's health is already significantly compromised. Unfortunately this, in turn, makes the patient more likely to succumb to something which would normally not be a huge deal.

Is that clearer?

ETA: also, this is an 81 year old woman. I hate to sound so cold, but that's a factor in terms of recovering money. I doubt any attorney would take this even if there was a basis for a lawsuit.

Last edited:

quincy

She was in there from ulcers on her leg but have a long history of heart failure and they put her on a floor with no monitor. ...
Duecered, here is a link to the Cleveland Clinic on leg and foot ulcers, showing how some are connected to heart problems:

http://my.clevelandclinic..org/services/heart/disorders/pad/legfootulcer

Your mother's long history of heart and circulatory problems probably contributed to the ulcers on her legs. I do not know why your mother was not on a heart monitor if it was her heart that brought her to the hospital in the past, but her doctors can possibly explain that to you.

It still does not appear to me that your mother's death had anything to do with what the hospital personnel did or did not do when your mother was in the hospital to have her ulcers treated, but you can have her medical records reviewed by a malpractice attorney in your area if you think there is some reason to question the care (e.g, the lack of a heart monitor).

I agree with the others that your mother's age and medical history will complicate any findings. The DNR directive is another complication.

Again, I am really sorry for your loss. I hope you are finding comfort with your family members.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">