• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospital Privacy - Restraining Order Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krismc89

Hi everyone, looking for some advice on an unusual situation. I've been dealing with a stalker psycho ex recently, and had to get a restraining order. One month later, I underwent a hip replacement. Mind you, I'm only 25, and that is another story for another day! Mere HOURS after my surgery, I've settled into my hospital room, and the room phone rings. You guessed it - my stalker ex decided to call and check up on me. Needless to say, I have never been so frightened in my life; unable to move, in excruciating pain, and waiting for this psycho to show up at my hospital room. Not much was said on the phone of course, he simply said my name and I started screaming. Nurses had to give me sedatives, hospital security and the police showed up. I was under the influence of pain meds and said sedatives, of course, and tried to tell the police I had a restraining order against this man and he needs to be arrested, which they did nothing about. Didn't even file a report, apparently. Hospital security simply moved me to a different hospital room - a much, much worse hospital room/floor, of course. Anyway, my question is, can a hospital direct a caller to my room simply because this person stated my name? No room number was given by said stalker to get the line to my room phone obviously, although because of the phone call, he was probably made aware of my exact room. I didn't think the hospital would transfer someone to my room hours after surgery so easily.

One more question, not related to this exact incident. This man also owes me a LOT of money. Obviously hip replacements are not cheap, and looking to get reimbursed. Looks like I will have to sue him, although a contract was never signed, a verbal agreement was made. I purchased his car, of which I have a copy of the check, and paid for all rent and utilities of the residence we shared (although only my name was on the lease, don't know if this would be an issue? Residence was owned by landlords who were aware of the situation, however.) for three years, of which he insisted that when he had the money he would pay me back everything I had helped him with, given that he had just gone through a bankruptcy and needed help, of which I too readily offered. I was not aware that he would turn into a psycho stalker ex, of course! Any help and advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">