• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I find out who insures my doctor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lifes A Bluff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I need to find out the name of my doctor's malpractice insurance provider. How can I do this without help from the doctor?

Is there some sort of background search that I can do and/or is it public information easily attained?

Thanks in advance.

racer72

You have no need to know the name of the insurance company. If you want to sue for malpractice, you sue the doctor. He will then notifiy his insurance company.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is neither public information nor easily obtained.

I can think of no circumstances under which you would have a legitimate need to know the name of the doctor's insurer without the doctor being aware of it.

debster999

There is most definitely a reason to need this information. We are currently in the midst of a medical malpractice suit against a hospital and possibly a doctor. The problem is, we can't get our expert witnesses to testify against a doctor who uses the same insurance carrier. Thus, we need to know who the carrier is.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There is most definitely a reason to need this information. We are currently in the midst of a medical malpractice suit against a hospital and possibly a doctor. The problem is, we can't get our expert witnesses to testify against a doctor who uses the same insurance carrier. Thus, we need to know who the carrier is.
If you sue the doc, his insurance will come forward.

barry1817

medical

I don't know why who insures a person would preclude another person from being an expert witness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">