• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Length of Time to Sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Susan9608

What is the name of your state? Texas

How long after a child dies can the parents sue a hospital? Is there a time limit in which they must start their legal action or can they decide to sue at any point after the child's death?

tigger22472

Susan9608 said:

How long after a child dies can the parents sue a hospital? Is there a time limit in which they must start their legal action or can they decide to sue at any point after the child's death?

2 years from the date of death.

barry1817

child's death

Susan9608 said:

The time limit was answered, but to have a legal action you will have to prove negligence, and that the negligence caused the death. Sometimes terrible things happen, and there is no recourse, sometimes terrible things happen and there is recourse--

Sorry about the loss.

[email protected]

Susan9608

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I'm actually a nurse in a pediatric hospital and had a case a few years ago where the child ended up dying. I know the child's parents were - and probably still are - involved in many, many lawsuits so I was curious about how long I'd need to dread some day being mentioned in a lawsuit involving this child. (Not that I - or my hospital - did anything I feel was negligent). Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">