• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying Client Cost me My Job/career..what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleslmt

Florida: After a client told my chiropractor/boss that I had molested her (I didn't - story is in my other posts), my boss told me he believes I did not do it, it is a crazy story by a crazy lady, but I should take time off without pay until her treatment plan with him is completed. But now it is over three weeks, the office staff have called me a couple of times and told me "she said she is going to press charges" but the doctor won't return my call, and I quite obviously do not have a job anymore. It is unbelievable to me that a person can cost me my job by lying about me and there is nothing I can do but sit here in fear that I might get arrested for something I did not do when I feel like what I should be able to do is have her her arrested for slander or sue her for damages she caused by lying about me, but I do not know the law about it.
I not only do not have this job, but how do I get another job, with the chiropractor perhaps buying her crazy story now? (I guess..? he has not returned my call lately...)
I am hoping for some advice about how to recover from this, and hopefully how to wipe out the damage to my career and life that she has caused.
Any advice greatly appreciated!
CharlesLMT
:(:confused:

Last edited:

LdiJ

Florida: After a client told my chiropractor/boss that I had molested her (I didn't - story is in my other posts), my boss told me he believes I did not do it, it is a crazy story by a crazy lady, but I should take time off without pay until her treatment plan with him is completed. But now it is over three weeks, the office staff have called me a couple of times and told me "she said she is going to press charges" but the doctor won't return my call, and I quite obviously do not have a job anymore. It is unbelievable to me that a person can cost me my job by lying about me and there is nothing I can do but sit here in fear that I might get arrested for something I did not do when I feel like what I should be able to do is have her her arrested for slander or sue her for damages she caused by lying about me, but I do not know the law about it.
I not only do not have this job, but how do I get another job, with the chiropractor perhaps buying her crazy story now? (I guess..? he has not returned my call lately...)
I am hoping for some advice about how to recover from this, and hopefully how to wipe out the damage to my career and life that she has caused.
Any advice greatly appreciated!
CharlesLMT
:(:confused:
File for unemployment and start looking for another job. Otherwise, do not borrow trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">