• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this Malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pudding53

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

how do you start a medical malpractice case which resulted in a death of someone

My mother died in Oct of 2015 after seeking medical attention 3 times in a local hospital where finally on the third trip she finally got some treatment but died 6 days later. The ER simply the first 2 times didn't care because of her age and condition in which they had no right to decide how long she needed to be here.

Felton, A.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

how do you start a medical malpractice case which resulted in a death of someone

My mother died in Oct of 2015 after seeking medical attention 3 times in a local hospital where finally on the third trip she finally got some treatment but died 6 days later. The ER simply the first 2 times didn't care because of her age and condition in which they had no right to decide how long she needed to be here.

Felton, A.

Malpractice is never something to take on by yourself; you need to take Mom's records to a med-mal attorney who will review them for you and guide you further.

OHRoadwarrior

If she had no insurance, they were only required to provide necessary care. If they did not find cause to treat her, that manifested itself a day or two later, that is not malpractice. Only a med mal attorney could make such a determination. On the other side of the spectrum, I had a son die from SIDS he had developed a severe cold the pediatrician said he would recover from and he died 2 days later. It was determined no case existed.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">