• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IS this Malpractice or negligence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dee240

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My mother has osteoporosis and she went to the dentist who was aware of her condition and he was so rough with her he dislocated her jaw. She is in so much pain and we can't find a oral surgeon with a available appointment until the end of march. The dentist won't answer any of her primary doctors calls either? Do we have a lawsuit?

You Are Guilty

My mother has osteoporosis and she went to the dentist who was aware of her condition and he was so rough with her he dislocated her jaw. She is in so much pain and we can't find a oral surgeon with a available appointment until the end of march. The dentist won't answer any of her primary doctors calls either? Do we have a lawsuit?
It's possible. Request a copy of her records immediately and take them to a dental malpractice lawyer (or three) for a free consult.

barry1817

dental

a dislocated jaw can happen with treatment of a patient, whether or not they have osteoporosis

I am at a loss as to why a referral by this dentist wasn't made, why he isn't taking responsiblity for his actions during treatment.

This could wind up as an abandonment issue, and in that manner you may have an action, but with a dislocated jaw, a person shouldn't be waiting almost
2 months for treatment.

justin1

I don't understand why does the doctor not respond to your queries or why he does not perform any corrective treatment. You should consult a lawyer immediately in whatever way rather than waiting till the end of March.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">