• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mecial debt closed on Experian but not others

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vacay2016

WA state. I have medical debt accounts and check my credit reports frequently. The other day I checked some of the accounts on Transunion and Equifax I decided to run Experian as well. The funny thing is, most of the accounts that are closed on Experianc are open on Trans and Equif. reports. Not sure how I should interpreter this. If they are closed on Experian, shouldn't they be closed on Trans and Equi too? Why do they keep them open. Isnt this illegal? If they only report to Trans/Equi, shouldnt the Experian posts have never been on there in the first place? Appreciate any advice you can give on this...
Thanks

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
WA state. I have medical debt accounts and check my credit reports frequently. The other day I checked some of the accounts on Transunion and Equifax I decided to run Experian as well. The funny thing is, most of the accounts that are closed on Experianc are open on Trans and Equif. reports. Not sure how I should interpreter this. If they are closed on Experian, shouldn't they be closed on Trans and Equi too? Why do they keep them open. Isnt this illegal? If they only report to Trans/Equi, shouldnt the Experian posts have never been on there in the first place? Appreciate any advice you can give on this...
Thanks
Perhaps it's Experian that's got it wrong...

quincy

I have looked at both sites, but, they fail to answer my questions.
The credit bureaus get their information from different sources. If you find that some information is incorrect or you have questions about what has been reported, you need to contact the agency. The links provided tell you how to do this.

I do not see that you have a medical or health care malpractice issue in what you have stated in your post and I do not see a need for an attorney - at least until you have taken the necessary steps first to discover the source of the reporting differences and tried to correct errors if errors have been made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">