• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sachinkumar

I am a licensed physician practicing in Texas. I am now consulting with a patient in India over their medical issue. I have received medical reports from a patient via third party provider (who is also facilitating the whole process). I will issue medical advice and may receive some compensation. I may have to issue e-prescription. Are there any legal issues involved since two countries are in picture? Can I be sued by patients in India? Is there any law that prohibits it?

I would really appreciate your help.

justalayman

If you are actually a physician hopefully you realize the importance of having very dependable advice. An internet forum is not the place to get that advice but one should be asking their own attorney, which being a doctor, you should already have one engaged for legal issues.

sachinkumar

If you are actually a physician hopefully you realize the importance of having very dependable advice. An internet forum is not the place to get that advice but one should be asking their own attorney, which being a doctor, you should already have one engaged for legal issues.
Thankyou for your response. I am not in a position to talk to my employer's lawyer just yet. This is in a very preliminary stage, hence seeking an opinion online. Thanks for your time anyway.

Is there anyone else who can provide any inputs? I would really appreciate it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not without knowledge of the law in India. And since this is a US board, we have no experts in Indian law here. Yes, it matters, and no, answering the question as if it were in the US will not give you an accurate answer since the law DOES vary between countries.

You are asking a question in a very specialized area, in which most lawyers have no expertise, never mind a free internet forum with very few participating lawyers.

I think you have 3 areas of concern:

Legal.

Professional: Check with your state medical board about their policies on emedicine. You can run afoul of them even if legally clear, thus placing your licensure at risk.
How can you e-prescribe to India anyways?

Employment: Are you contemplating a side business or expanding your employer's international offerings?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">