• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this medical malpractice or ????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? MO

I live in MO, but the hospital and doctors were in IL

I will try to make this as short as possable with just a outlive of what I beleive to be medical malpractice or something.

I went to the hospital inpatient unit for Migraines Only. I was suppose to receive DHE IV treatments to brake the cycle.

My admitting doctor knew I refused to take Dapakote and that I had been hospitiazed for 5 days a year before because of Neurontin. ( Both should be in the medical file).

I was perscribed the following from the admitting dr - Neurontin pills, Norfelx IV, Magnesesuim Sulfate IV, Benadryl IV, Toradol IV, Ativan IV ( think I only had this once), Depacon IV, DHE 45 IV, Phenergan IM, Serzone, Verapamil SR, Depakote ER, Chloral Hydrate ( I don't think I took this I did not ask for it anyway), and Nicaderm Patch.

After the first shot in the hospital they kept me so druged up I didn't know what world I was in half of the time. I didn't take a bath or change close for 3 days, I was too sick. I had large whelps on one of my arms from my wrist to my elbow, swelling and redness in hands, arms, feet, ankles, and some up my legs. When I did wake up I would tell the nurses how sick I was and needed help, my husband called the hospital ( it was 9 1/2 hour drive from home), my mother called, still noone was helping. So, my husband picked me up 3 days later and I had to check out against Dr orders. Not, my admitting dr..but, another dr threw a fit and told me I was in no condition to go home...I told him I was terrified to stay because I was afraid I was going to be accidently overdosed if I stayed. He just got mad and said..well, I hope you change your mind and walked out. He had seen me the day before and I think he took some medications away or I would not have been able to talk to him..( even though I was still in a blur).

I have depression and anxiety issure and they have became worse since I have been home ( 8 weeks). I have suffered from Insomnia in the past ( but, had not for about a year)...now I am going through it again. I told my admitting dr I was terrified of medications...( of course I didn't know everything she perscribed for me)..she knew that was one of my great fears. I thought I was there for DHE IV treatments.

Emotionally this is eating me alive. I truely beleive I almost died and Thank God I did not. I am angry for how I was treated. I am an emotional wreck and I just don't know what to do.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? MO

I live in MO, but the hospital and doctors were in IL

I will try to make this as short as possable with just a outlive of what I beleive to be medical malpractice or something.

I went to the hospital inpatient unit for Migraines Only. I was suppose to receive DHE IV treatments to brake the cycle.

My admitting doctor knew I refused to take Dapakote and that I had been hospitiazed for 5 days a year before because of Neurontin. ( Both should be in the medical file).

I was perscribed the following from the admitting dr - Neurontin pills, Norfelx IV, Magnesesuim Sulfate IV, Benadryl IV, Toradol IV, Ativan IV ( think I only had this once), Depacon IV, DHE 45 IV, Phenergan IM, Serzone, Verapamil SR, Depakote ER, Chloral Hydrate ( I don't think I took this I did not ask for it anyway), and Nicaderm Patch.

After the first shot in the hospital they kept me so druged up I didn't know what world I was in half of the time. I didn't take a bath or change close for 3 days, I was too sick. I had large whelps on one of my arms from my wrist to my elbow, swelling and redness in hands, arms, feet, ankles, and some up my legs. When I did wake up I would tell the nurses how sick I was and needed help, my husband called the hospital ( it was 9 1/2 hour drive from home), my mother called, still noone was helping. So, my husband picked me up 3 days later and I had to check out against Dr orders. Not, my admitting dr..but, another dr threw a fit and told me I was in no condition to go home...I told him I was terrified to stay because I was afraid I was going to be accidently overdosed if I stayed. He just got mad and said..well, I hope you change your mind and walked out. He had seen me the day before and I think he took some medications away or I would not have been able to talk to him..( even though I was still in a blur).

I have depression and anxiety issure and they have became worse since I have been home ( 8 weeks). I have suffered from Insomnia in the past ( but, had not for about a year)...now I am going through it again. I told my admitting dr I was terrified of medications...( of course I didn't know everything she perscribed for me)..she knew that was one of my great fears. I thought I was there for DHE IV treatments.

Emotionally this is eating me alive. I truely beleive I almost died and Thank God I did not. I am angry for how I was treated. I am an emotional wreck and I just don't know what to do.
**A: thanks for your story. In answer to your question, I am not sure.

Sorry...

I did not realize I had posted almost everything here on this forum. I thought I was posting on a different forum.

I did list all the medications in this post..maybe that will help

ecmst12

However your post is a duplicate and your questions were answered in more detail in your original thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">