• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BEHUMBLE

What is the name of your state? Arizona---I would appreciate any advice.I went into the hospital just under a year ago to have a portocath placed that would be used to administer chemotherapy treatments.I had just recently been diagnosed with lymphoma.I had a rather large growth under the right side of my chin.I have since had the port placed,so I do know now the procedure that should have taken place that day.I,unfortunately,have no memory of that day,or a few days after that day.I had to be given CPR by some of the x-ray surgical staff to revive me.I was given a trach and moved to critical care.During the procedure,my best guess tells me,since I have since gone through the port placement,that I had my head turned to the left and my faced covered.I must have been given a decent amount of relaxation medication.I don't know if I was attached to monitors the first time. The second time I was hooked to monitors.I don't know the other details that occurred that day.I was given a small chance to live through that first night.I ended up slowly improving.There were a few other bumps in the road while I was there.I ended up being in the hospital for two weeks.I walked for the first time with the help of a walker the day I was leaving.I went on to spend a month in a rehab facility.I would like to know,based on this info,if it would be possible and worthwhile to pursue a malpractice case.I was unemployed at the time,so lost wages would be a small consideration.The placement of a portocath is a reasonably simple procedure.It was pretty simple with my second attempt.I didn't even have any relaxing meds for that procedure,only at the point of incision.I was spoken to and hooked to monitiors.I'm just not sure what went wrong.Any opinions from people with similar situations or from professionals would certainly be appreciated.Thanks

lya

We certainly cannot deduce what happened to you, or why, or if "it" indicates any possible negligence.

Have you read your medical records from the event? Do you have a copy of the records? Are there any family members who can tell you what happened?

Try and get some information about the actual event and post that information.

Thanks.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Sounds like you had an unforeseen adverse reaction to anesthesia. These things happen. Now, if they had not gone through all the precautions the second time around, then maybe so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">