• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this Medical Malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmshlover

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

My MS Dr sent me to have an MRI done to see if lesions were found to confirm diagnosis. About a week after the MRI, my MS Dr called and told me there were no lesions found and everything looked ok. I picked up the actual CD and report from the radiology place to take with me on my next appt as instructed. Out of curiosity I decided to look at the written report. It listed several disk problems and that there were no lesions found. Then it said that I had a large (3.5cm) mass on the right lobe of my thyroid. I was extremely upset as I have had problems with my thyroid for years, had a pre-cancerous mass removed from my pancreas and was in the middle of many health issues. This was the last straw and I cried for an entire day. I then called my Endocrinologist and made an emergency appt. He sent me for an ultrasound. They did the ultrasound using 2 different machines. They kept excusing themselves and apologizing for the time it was taking. The tech came back and said they could not find any mass and that I may need to have a different test done to locate it. She called me several days later and said there was no mass. She said the Rad Dr had made a mistake with the original MRI and was looking at someone else's test. The Rad Dr called me about a week later to try to explain what went wrong, although he said they were still trying to figure it out and that they didn't know who the patient was with the mass.
So, besides the emotional stress that this put me through, I would like to be reimbursed for the Dr appt that I didn't need and the US that I didn't need.

ecmst12

You might succeed in being reimbursed for those appointments if you ask. Nothing more though. You have no other tangible damages, besides those bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">