• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medication Cause Damage to Penis - Need Your Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlook

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

In 1996 I was sent to a mental hospital. There, the docs gave me a medication that caused tremendous amounts of damage and pain on a daily basis. Despite my complaints, the docs never withdrew the med, they actually increased the dosage. I was given this med every day for about a month. Everytime I was forced to take it, I felt a huge burning sensation in my groin area on a daily basis. It was the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. The pain got worse. I realized my penis had acquired an hour glass formation and I couldnt achieve an erection. I never in my life had this issue before. My other side effects were light headedness qnd blurry vision. These are the same side effects the med gave me. I found out that the med shares these same side effects. As a result, the med incurred permanent medical damage.

During this time, I saw many doctors about this. When I told them my problem, they always told me that it was mental rather than the med. They never believed me. They never gave me an MRI or Xray to show that it damaged me. I realized this isnt mental at all. No mental issue is going to produce an hour glass formation on the penis, especially when one of the med's side effects is erectile dysfunction.

The statue of limitations ran out a long time ago because its been 18 years since this incident occured. The reason I'm bringing this up now is because someone suggested that I can prove damage to my penis through an MRI and still have a case even when the statue of limitations ran out.

Do you think I still have a case?

TigerD

Have you talked to your shrink about this?

Legally, even if you could prove your assertions, the case is still really soft because of expiration of the statute. However, if you research your state's statutes, you might find an exception to firm up the case. But I don't see anyway this rises to the level of a case to get excited over.

DC

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

In 1996 I was sent to a mental hospital. There, the docs gave me a medication that caused tremendous amounts of damage and pain on a daily basis. Despite my complaints, the docs never withdrew the med, they actually increased the dosage. I was given this med every day for about a month. Everytime I was forced to take it, I felt a huge burning sensation in my groin area on a daily basis. It was the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. The pain got worse. I realized my penis had acquired an hour glass formation and I couldnt achieve an erection. I never in my life had this issue before. My other side effects were light headedness qnd blurry vision. These are the same side effects the med gave me. I found out that the med shares these same side effects. As a result, the med incurred permanent medical damage.

During this time, I saw many doctors about this. When I told them my problem, they always told me that it was mental rather than the med. They never believed me. They never gave me an MRI or Xray to show that it damaged me. I realized this isnt mental at all. No mental issue is going to produce an hour glass formation on the penis, especially when one of the med's side effects is erectile dysfunction.

The statue of limitations ran out a long time ago because its been 18 years since this incident occured. The reason I'm bringing this up now is because someone suggested that I can prove damage to my penis through an MRI and still have a case even when the statue of limitations ran out.

Do you think I still have a case?
What was the medication that you think caused this problem?:confused:

quincy

Legally, even if you could prove your assertions, the case is still really soft because of expiration of the statute. However, if you research your state's statutes, you might find an exception to firm up the case. But I don't see anyway this rises to the level of a case to get excited over.

DC
mmmagique, it is not only you who has the mind of a 14 year old boy. I have a strong suspicion that DC does, too. ;)

xlook

DC
Hi debtcollector. He wasnt a shrink, he was a psychiatrist. He didnt believe that my medical damage was caused by the med, even though the injuries correspond to the stated damages of the med according to the med's literature. Obviously I think he said this to cover his tracks.

I found this from a website explaining exceptions to NY state statute of limitations: "..the statute of limitations may not begin to run until the plaintiff actually discovers the injury." I actually discovered or realized that I didnt consider this injury "psychological" (as the docs over the years led me to believe), I'd say months ago when my erectile dysfunction became a lot worse.

And my aim isnt to get "excited" over this case. My aim is to achieve justice in my life for an injury I didnt deserve and incurred at the hands of a doctor.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Hi debtcollector. He wasnt a shrink, he was a psychiatrist.
When people use the terms interchangeably, the only difference is that one can prescribe, and one cannot.

He didnt believe that my medical damage was caused by the med, even though the injuries correspond to the stated damages of the med according to the med's literature. Obviously I think he said this to cover his tracks.
And the name of the medicine is....what?

I found this from a website explaining exceptions to NY state statute of limitations: "..the statute of limitations may not begin to run until the plaintiff actually discovers the injury." I actually discovered or realized that I didnt consider this injury "psychological" (as the docs over the years led me to believe), I'd say months ago when my erectile dysfunction became a lot worse.

And my aim isnt to get "excited" over this case. My aim is to achieve justice in my life for an injury I didnt deserve and incurred at the hands of a doctor.

Tell us the name of the medicine.

quincy

Hi debtcollector. He wasnt a shrink, he was a psychiatrist. He didnt believe that my medical damage was caused by the med, even though the injuries correspond to the stated damages of the med according to the med's literature. Obviously I think he said this to cover his tracks.

Blue Meanie asked an important question, xlook, as has Proserpina. What was the name of the medication?

You are correct that there is a "discovery rule" which can come into play in some cases, which allows for the statute of limitations to extend from the time the injury occurred to the time when the injury was discovered. Unfortunately, it does not appear to apply in your described situation because you discovered the condition long ago and could have had an MRI years ago.

Therefore, whether you have any legal action to pursue can depend on the type of medication you received that can be linked to the injury.

Last edited:

xlook

Blue Meanie asked an important question, xlook, as has Proserpina. What was the name of the medication?

You are correct that there is a "discovery rule" which can come into play in some cases, which allows for the statute of limitations to extend from the time the injury occurred to the time when the injury was discovered. Unfortunately, it does not appear to apply in your described situation because you discovered the condition long ago and could have had an MRI years ago.

Therefore, whether you have any legal action to pursue can depend on the type of medication you received that can be linked to the injury.
Ok I see. The medication was risperidol. But try to understand my circumstances which I dont thiink youre understanding fully. The docs said my injury wasnt caused by the med when it really was all this time. I was led to believe all this time that it wasnt. I really dont think youre taking this vital piece of this situation into serious consideration. I want to sue this psychiatrist and or the drug company that made this stupid med.

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

xlook, your latest post was reported for its content but it may later be returned to its place in the thread.

Thank you for providing the name of the medication. For others, xlook says the medication he thinks is responsible for his condition is "risperidol."

Just Blue

xlook, your latest post was reported for its content but it may later be returned to its place in the thread.

Thank you for providing the name of the medication. For others, xlook says the medication he thinks is responsible for his condition is "risperidol."
:):)

http://bipolar.about.com/cs/sfx/a/sfx_risperdal.htm

xlook

How was my post "reported" so quickly after it was posted? I didnt know a couple of bad words was enough to delete a very needed post. Stramge.

Anyway, the medication was risperidol. As I said in my "reported" post, I ask you all to understand the circumstances as to why I couldnt litigate my issue years ago when it occured. The docs all these years said that my issue was psychological. So I was led to believe all these years that it was until recently.

Please take this vital piece of this issue into serious consideration. Its at the heart of the matter. Thanks.

quincy

How was my post "reported" so quickly after it was posted? I didnt know a couple of bad words was enough to delete a very needed post. Stramge.

Anyway, the medication was risperidol. As I said in my "reported" post, I ask you all to understand the circumstances as to why I couldnt litigate my issue years ago when it occured. The docs all these years said that my issue was psychological. So I was led to believe all these years that it was until recently.

Please take this vital piece of this issue into serious consideration. Its at the heart of the matter. Thanks.
Risperadol side effects do not include those you report here. The only way it could have potentially affected your penis at the time you were taking it is you could have had an erection lasting 4 hours or longer. You would have noticed that, the doctors would have noticed that and the doctors would have removed you from the medication or adjusted the dosage.

I do not see that any legal action is available to you after 18 years, but you are welcome to see an attorney in your area for a review of all facts.

And, yes, bad words can get a post reported and deleted. Please read the terms of service you agreed to when you registered on this site.

Proserpina

For those interested, a brief primer on the drug itself.

(This is from a gazillion websites)

1993 – The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the use of Johnson & Johnson's Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. drug Risperdal. The drug was only approved to treat schizophrenia in adults at this time.

April 2005 – A Black Box Warning was added to the drug's label after the FDA learned that the use of the drug among elderly patients with dementia could heighten the possibility of death.

June 2006 – A study conducted by Duke University revealed that Risperdal could cause male breast growth. The study also showed that the possibility for gynecomastia was stronger in Risperdal than in other antipsychotic medications. In addition, the study revealed that some female children who took the medication would begin to lactate before reaching puberty.

August 2007 – The FDA granted approval for children between 13 and 17 to take Risperdal to treat schizophrenia. The FDA also determined that children 10-17 could take the medication to treat bipolar disorder. This year, Johnson & Johnson made over $2.2. billion in sales before the company lost the patent protection for Risperdal, spawning generic versions of the drug.

quincy

I'm going to ask you to not reply to my thread again. Your post is extraordinarily offensive and completely ignorant of the facts. I have already reported you.
xlook, please read again the terms of service of this site. There was nothing offensive about ecmst12's post, and YOU do not get to choose who responds and who doesn't.

I suggest it is time now for you to seek (legal and/or medical) help elsewhere. You have received the advice you came here for, and there is really nothing more to tell you.

Good luck.

TigerD

He is right. Risperdal does not produce a reshaped penis. So there are other issues that you haven't told us, or your claim is simply not possible.

DC

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">