• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mental Health Therapist misconduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

monex79

I go to a mental health clinic to see a therapist. I am very dissatisfied with the services that I have been recieving. The therapist is 15 minutes late for appointments when the appointments are only 30 minutes total. The therapist does not return my phone calls. She wants me to move from my apartment in the suburbs into the inner city. Also she tried to put me into the hospital on no grounds. When the doctor was called in and asked whether I needed to go to the hospital the doctor said there was no reason for me to be admitted to the hospital. I did not show up for my last appointment with her because I donot want to see her again. Also I have not been going to the groups because of the cost of gas to get their. The program refuses to help me with transportation because its in another county. I have elected not to see this therapist again and have notified her supervisor. She is very deceitful and I fear retaliation from her. I have asked just to see the doctor from now on. Can this therapist contact my emergency contacts and lie and say she is concerned about me? or put me in the hospital the next time I go to this program? What are my rights and how can I protect myself?

ecmst12

Find another therapist. Depending on the clinic, the doctor may or may not continue to treat you if you are not going to therapy there, so you may need to find another clinic entirely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">