• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mercury poisoning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DaliaCarter

Hi! My husband has been going through serious headaches and unwellness. We consulted a doctor and he was diagnosed with high level of mercury poisoning which was leached out from his silver dental amalgams. He had horrendous headache. Naturopathic treatments are being done to remove the mercury content. He is starting to feel better. We had to go through hell. It has costed us a fortune to get the mercury out of the body. I seriously feel that the dentist should pay for having ruining my husband's life. Do we have a chance to get reimbursed for the sufferings? Should I consult a lawyer ?Anyone with a similar story.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi! My husband has been going through serious headaches and unwellness. We consulted a doctor and he was diagnosed with high level of mercury poisoning which was leached out from his silver dental amalgams. He had horrendous headache. Naturopathic treatments are being done to remove the mercury content. He is starting to feel better. We had to go through hell. It has costed us a fortune to get the mercury out of the body. I seriously feel that the dentist should pay for having ruining my husband's life. Do we have a chance to get reimbursed for the sufferings? Should I consult a lawyer ?Anyone with a similar story.
Sorry, this forum is for US law only.

ecmst12

I'm sorry this "naturopath" has fleeced your husband for thousands of dollars of "treatments" he didn't need for a problem he doesn't have. Amalgam fillings do not cause mercury poisoning.

PaulMass

You should certainly consult a lawyer.

It's difficult to tell if dental fillings actually cause mercury poisoning. The brief research I've done reveals plenty of people claiming to have succeeded with these types of lawsuits, but their credibility seems somewhat lacking.

I would put no faith in the opinion of anyone who definitively states one way of the other.

TigerD

You should definitely consult with a lawyer. Some fake doctor suckered your husband.

You may have recourse against them. And, please, take him to a real doctor as soon as possible.

TD

quincy

This link, to the National Capital Poison Center (2010), provides along with the "majority view" a brief look at opposing viewpoints, some of which could have applicability to DaliaCarter if she resides in a country other than the US (for instance, if she lives in Germany, Austria, Finland, Norway, the UK or Switzerland):

http://www.poison.org/current/dentalamlagamsandmercury.htm

And here is a link to the American Dental Association (2014), which provides a look at what other reputable organizations have said about dental amalgams and mercury:

http://www.ada.org/en/press-room/press-kits/dental-fillings-press-kit/dental-amalgam-what-others-say

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">