• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

methadone clinic malpractice-need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linv5800

What is the name of your state? tennessee

i was recently released from a knoxville tennessee methadone clinic for 2 dirty urine screens..no problem
with that althrough 1 was a false positive..the malpractice is that after 6 years on a high
dose , 140mg's , the law requires that a client be dosed down 5-10mg's a day and then discharged..this was not done with me . i was simply let go and suffered more than i would wish on anyone..if violence is the reason for discharge , then they don't have to dose
them down.im not violent and was not a factor..the doctor had told me 3 days before that
i was not stable enough on my dose to leave the clinic then 3 days later i am ?
this is the nutshell version .but in checking the law , and i have and the tenn.advacate has
too but can not help me with a laywer..the doctors basic oath is not to cause suffering ,but that what they did..i was only trying to help myself.and people die from methadone withdrawal...please , if theres a lawer out there to help me , e-mail me at
[email protected]

rmet4nzkx

linv5800 said:

i was recently released from a knoxville tennessee methadone clinic for 2 dirty urine screens..no problem
with that althrough 1 was a false positive..the malpractice is that after 6 years on a high
dose , 140mg's , the law requires that a client be dosed down 5-10mg's a day and then discharged..this was not done with me . i was simply let go and suffered more than i would wish on anyone..if violence is the reason for discharge , then they don't have to dose
them down.im not violent and was not a factor..the doctor had told me 3 days before that
this is the nutshell version .but in checking the law , and i have and the tenn.advacate has
too but can not help me with a laywer..the doctors basic oath is not to cause suffering ,but that what they did..i was only trying to help myself.and people die from methadone withdrawal...please , if theres a lawer out there to help me , e-mail me at
[email protected]
What does your contract with the clinic say about dirty tests?
You admit to at least 1 dirty test and that they were justified in discharging you from the program.
Was the other test proved to be a false positive or is that only your claim?
What were you taking and for how long?
Have you gone to an ER or to another facility to assist in your withdrawl?
The methadone clinic is your second or last chance and you blew it and it is not malpractice when you break your contract.

lealea1005

linv5800 said:

[email protected]
I would have to ask what your dose was at the time of discharge. It must have been changed from the 140mg you took for 6 years if you were led to believe you suddenly "was not stable enough" to leave the clinic.

You say violence was not a factor in the decision to discharge you. Then, what was the reason for your discharge? I think there's more to your story.

Last edited:

panzertanker

[email protected]
Did your drug screens show appropriate levels of the methadone, or were your "dirty" drug screens showing lack of methadone but use of another drug?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">