• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mislabeled mental ill (DOP) vs medical illness( systemic yeast)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Houstonsmile

How can I properly submit these 3 points to a lawyer in a claim for professional negligence to establish liability for me being Aids Positive Male who endured

-18months begging for medical care for undiagnosed

(1)
(systemic yeast).

-Invasive*candidiasis*is an infection caused by a yeast (a type of fungus) called*Candida. Unlike*Candidainfections in the mouth and throat (also called “thrush”) or vaginal “yeast infections,” invasive*candidiasis*is a serious infection that can affect the blood, heart, brain, eyes, bones, and other parts of the body

1)negligence

2)causation

3)damages

(2)
psychiatric malpractice
(Delusional of parasitic)

-Delusional infestation (DI) is a psychodermatological condition where sufferers falsely believe they are infested with parasites despite all evidence to the contrary. Besides sparse records of suicide and doctors being assaulted or threatened with legal action by DI patients, few studies have looked at the forensic presentation of DI.*

(3)

New York

For inpatient:*

-(20 days) involuntary treatment based on medical certification:*

N.Y. MENTAL HYG. LAW § 9.05(b) A certificate, as required by this article, must show that the person is mentally ill . . . [and] the condition of the person examined is such that he needs involuntary care and treatment in a hospital . . . .*

N.Y. MENTAL HYG. LAW § 9.37(a) The director of a hospital, upon application by a director of community services or an examining physician duly designated by him or her, may receive and care for in such hospital as a patient any person who, in the opinion of the director of community services or the director's designee, has a mental illness for which immediate inpatient care and treatment in a hospital is appropriate and which is likely to result in serious harm to himself or herself or others.

individuals who have suffered from a psychiatrist:

Abusing knowledge or power Sharing information without patient consent
-Threatening the patient
-Failing to notice or diagnose a dangerous condition
-Prescription of incorrect or harmful psychiatric medication

(4)
(involuntary admission INCOMPLETE application)

1. Medical certification, which requires that two physicians examine a person and certify that he or she needs involuntary care and treatment in a psychiatric facility. This is sometimes known informally as a “two p.c.” shorthand for “two physicians certify.”

This certification must be accompanied by an application for admission, made by someone familiar with the individual (for example, a legal guardian, custodian, next of kin, treating psychiatrist or someone who lives with the person) or by one of a number of government officials
(THERE WAS NO LEGAL FAMILIAR OR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS INVOLVED TO COMPLETE APPLICATION)

(5)

Psychiatric drug side effects from unnecessary prescriptions

quincy

How can I properly submit these 3 points to a lawyer in a claim for professional negligence to establish liability for me being Aids Positive Male who endured

-18months begging for medical care for undiagnosed

(1)
(systemic yeast).

-Invasive*candidiasis*is an infection caused by a yeast (a type of fungus) called*Candida. Unlike*Candidainfections in the mouth and throat (also called “thrush”) or vaginal “yeast infections,” invasive*candidiasis*is a serious infection that can affect the blood, heart, brain, eyes, bones, and other parts of the body

1)negligence

2)causation

3)damages

(2)
psychiatric malpractice
(Delusional of parasitic)

-Delusional infestation (DI) is a psychodermatological condition where sufferers falsely believe they are infested with parasites despite all evidence to the contrary. Besides sparse records of suicide and doctors being assaulted or threatened with legal action by DI patients, few studies have looked at the forensic presentation of DI.*

(3)

New York

For inpatient:*

-(20 days) involuntary treatment based on medical certification:*

N.Y. MENTAL HYG. LAW § 9.05(b) A certificate, as required by this article, must show that the person is mentally ill . . . [and] the condition of the person examined is such that he needs involuntary care and treatment in a hospital . . . .*

N.Y. MENTAL HYG. LAW § 9.37(a) The director of a hospital, upon application by a director of community services or an examining physician duly designated by him or her, may receive and care for in such hospital as a patient any person who, in the opinion of the director of community services or the director's designee, has a mental illness for which immediate inpatient care and treatment in a hospital is appropriate and which is likely to result in serious harm to himself or herself or others.

individuals who have suffered from a psychiatrist:

Abusing knowledge or power Sharing information without patient consent
-Threatening the patient
-Failing to notice or diagnose a dangerous condition
-Prescription of incorrect or harmful psychiatric medication

(4)
(involuntary admission INCOMPLETE application)

1. Medical certification, which requires that two physicians examine a person and certify that he or she needs involuntary care and treatment in a psychiatric facility. This is sometimes known informally as a “two p.c.” shorthand for “two physicians certify.”

This certification must be accompanied by an application for admission, made by someone familiar with the individual (for example, a legal guardian, custodian, next of kin, treating psychiatrist or someone who lives with the person) or by one of a number of government officials
(THERE WAS NO LEGAL FAMILIAR OR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS INVOLVED TO COMPLETE APPLICATION)

(5)

Psychiatric drug side effects from unnecessary prescriptions
How can you present the above to an attorney? Much as you have presented them here.

You will want to seek out an attorney in your area to personally review the facts. The attorney can advise you on any legal action that might be available for you to pursue after this personal review.

Good luck.

quincy

So the way I outlined it on here is enough info?
If you were misdiagnosed and suffered injury/damages as a result of this misdiagnosis, the attorney you see can go by your initial statements here and will ask you questions as necessary to see if you have a legal action worth pursuing.

Good luck.

justalayman

There is no such thing as systemic yeast in the way you described.
the first statement in the post is a cut and paste from the CDC

http://www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/candidiasis/invasive/

Or was there something else you were referring to?

Last edited:

ecmst12

I'll clarify - it exists, but pretty much exclusively in severely immune compromised patients, or those on extended courses of broad spectrum antibiotics. It's not something that would be mistaken for a mental illness and wouldn't exist in an otherwise healthy patient.

quincy

I'll clarify - it exists, but pretty much exclusively in severely immune compromised patients, or those on extended courses of broad spectrum antibiotics. It's not something that would be mistaken for a mental illness and wouldn't exist in an otherwise healthy patient.
Houstonsmile is an AIDS positive male. I think that qualifies as "severely immune compromised."

There has been a connection made between yeast infections and mental illness, not by "naturopaths and other fake doctors." The link I provided was to John Hopkins and here is a link to the study: http://www.nature.com/articles/npjschz201618

The research is from 2016.

Your statement - "There is no such thing as systemic yeast in the way you described" - was wrong. Systemic yeast was described by the CDC as quoted by Houstonsmile.

Again, Houstonsmile should consult with an attorney in his area to see if there is a legal action to pursue.

Last edited:

ecmst12

I completely missed that in the original post. Distracting toddler. In that case, then systemic yeast is certainly a possibility. I'm much more used to people claiming they have it because a naturopath told them so. And his doctors should have known it was a possibility as well.

quincy

I completely missed that in the original post. Distracting toddler. In that case, then systemic yeast is certainly a possibility. I'm much more used to people claiming they have it because a naturopath told them so. And his doctors should have known it was a possibility as well.
Ha. I know all about distracting todders. :)

I am not sure there is any legal action to pursue but my feeling is that Houstonsmile should have been tested for systemic yeast before being treated with psychiatric medications.

Of course, facts matter - so seeking out a personal review by a malpractice attorney in New York would be smart.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">