• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mothers death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caitlynxerinx

new york. my mother had a norcotic drug addiction for years. for 5 years she was clean on and off. as those 5 years went on the doctors kept giving her more and more medication. she was well over weight she was 5`7 and 322 pounds. from what i was told is that almost every obese persons heart is enlarged. well as they kept giving her more meds her health detererated at 47 years old she passed away in her sleep due to morbid obesity and cardiovascular trophy. due to the fact they kept giving her many norcotics blood pressure cholesterol pain meds anti physcotics and more her heart finally gave out. do i have a case against her doctors? also they gave her a medication called ultram that she got the day before her death for pain and i looked it up and they dont mix well with anti psycotics which she was on. do i have a case?

CSO286

new york. my mother had a norcotic drug addiction for years. for 5 years she was clean on and off. as those 5 years went on the doctors kept giving her more and more medication. she was well over weight she was 5`7 and 322 pounds. from what i was told is that almost every obese persons heart is enlarged. well as they kept giving her more meds her health detererated at 47 years old she passed away in her sleep due to morbid obesity and cardiovascular trophy. due to the fact they kept giving her many norcotics blood pressure cholesterol pain meds anti physcotics and more her heart finally gave out. do i have a case against her doctors? also they gave her a medication called ultram that she got the day before her death for pain and i looked it up and they dont mix well with anti psycotics which she was on. do i have a case?
What kind of responsibility did your mother take for improving/maintaining her health?

No, you really don't have a case against her doctors.

And clean "on and off" means she was still an addict.

Gail in Georgia

" she was well over weight she was 5`7 and 322 pounds. from what i was told is that almost every obese persons heart is enlarged. well as they kept giving her more meds her health detererated at 47 years old she passed away in her sleep due to morbid obesity and cardiovascular trophy."

Your mother died because her heart and lungs could no longer handle her morbid obesity and they finally failed.

Her blood pressure and lipid lowering medications were prescribed in an attempt to prolong her life, not cure her. Without them, she would likely have passed away sooner in a very painful way (i.e., drowning in her own fluid).

Gail

Ladyback1

no, sweetie--you don't have a malpractice suit.

Your mother had some responsibility to her own health...and blaming the doctors, while easier to do while you're grieving, will not help you come to a sense of peace:eek:

arsenic

I feel sad about your mom, and I understand the initial anger and wish to assign responsibility.

From what you posted, you have no case. You can get all the medical records and present them to an experienced med-mal lawyer.

Tramadol is a weak drug. Every drug lists multiple interactions and possible contra-indications. Every decent practitioner knows the real ones and not the blurbs. It is almost impossible that it played any role in the death.

I am sorry, but I think your mom died despite medical interventions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">