• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

movement disorder related to risperdal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Myusername89

After being in the psych ward and taking risperdal back in summer 2013 I was unable to stop moving my legs for weeks. Because I have schizophrenia I was terrified that people were trying to control my legs among other discomforts. It eventually led to me having to go back to the psych ward. In my medical records it is stated that I had a medication induced movement disorder and I was prescribed cogentin.

My question is : are there any lawyers who would take this case even though it was not permanent and happened over two years ago?
what can I do?

FlyingRon

Unlikely, this is one of the expected side effects. So you have no damages and even if you did have damages, you'd be hard pressed to fault the drug for your problems. I would suspect you may indeed have a hard time finding doctors to take your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">