• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MRI/CT scan falsified?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ev5000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

MRI scan results were printed the same day, same time that I went to do the MRI scan. If it takes them 10 minutes to make a full summary out of 100 images, then there is something wrong here? Radiologist report stated that I had "normal" spine, but my spine does not look anything normal at all. I've been doing a lot of research and have been spending hours looking at my spine. It looks like the Vertebra is crushing all of my discs, making them thin and take space. I zoomed in the L4-L5 disc, and I see signs of the disc bulging. So why did the results come out "normal". And the result pointed out that I was born with some defects or abnormalities, but I strongly disagree against that.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

MRI scan results were printed the same day, same time that I went to do the MRI scan. If it takes them 10 minutes to make a full summary out of 100 images, then there is something wrong here? Radiologist report stated that I had "normal" spine, but my spine does not look anything normal at all. I've been doing a lot of research and have been spending hours looking at my spine. It looks like the Vertebra is crushing all of my discs, making them thin and take space. I zoomed in the L4-L5 disc, and I see signs of the disc bulging. So why did the results come out "normal". And the result pointed out that I was born with some defects or abnormalities, but I strongly disagree against that.
This is not a legal question. If you want a second opinion, then I would suggest that you seek one from a medical professional.

Good luck.

FlyingRon

Further I fail to see how the scan was "falsified." It looks to me like you were looking at the actual scan. What you might have here is an error on the part of the radiologist for missing the bulging disks.
This doesn't appear to be a legal problem (yet). Have you asked your primary care provider or the radiologist for the explanation.

Nobody "prints" MRIs. In the old day we'd burn them to film (they have always been collected digitally). Even that went the wayside when radiologists found they could up their productivity using soft copy.
I did pioneering research for the NIH in multimodal radiological images back int the early nineties.

Proserpina

I do not recommend trying to "read" your own films.

I worked with echo tapes for years - much as I learned, there's no way I'd even try to read my own.

OP is looking for an injury where none might exist (post hx).

ev5000

I am looking for an answer to my chronic back and leg pain. Because I am sick and tired of not being able to sleep, stand, sit (especially driving, oh man how much i wish i could drive with my left foot because my right would go numb). The company doctor has been telling me that this existed prior to the job, and how he recommends me to quit my job. My attorney told me that this was an old trick in the book, because my company is not willing to pay an injured worker. I just want an answer to my problem, thats all.

Just Blue

I am looking for an answer to my chronic back and leg pain. Because I am sick and tired of not being able to sleep, stand, sit (especially driving, oh man how much i wish i could drive with my left foot because my right would go numb). The company doctor has been telling me that this existed prior to the job, and how he recommends me to quit my job. My attorney told me that this was an old trick in the book, because my company is not willing to pay an injured worker. I just want an answer to my problem, thats all.
I really don't think this issue is something an Internet forum can help you with.

I'm sorry you are suffering so...I really do know your pain. In more ways than you can know.

Good luck and my best wishes to your recovery..

Blue

FlyingRon

Try a medical forum. This is a legal forum and we see no legal issue here. Further, even if there was a legal issue, it would not make your pain go away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">