• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MRSA need help fast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VanessaAlbert

California
"we are in a hospital room and we recieved a new roomate 2 days ago a few minutes ago we found out he has mrsa. Is it legal for them not to let us know and can we ask to move?" we have a 5 1/2 month old and the only fam we have is my bf sister and she is pregnant and has health problems please help nurses wont give me any answers...

ecmst12

How did you find out he has MRSA? If he did, they would have already moved him to an isolation room.

sandyclaus

California
"we are in a hospital room and we recieved a new roomate 2 days ago a few minutes ago we found out he has mrsa. Is it legal for them not to let us know and can we ask to move?" we have a 5 1/2 month old and the only fam we have is my bf sister and she is pregnant and has health problems please help nurses wont give me any answers...
It would be illegal for them to tell you ANYTHING about this person's private health information.

You are certainly welcome to discuss any concerns you have with the medical staff there, but considering that they have not moved you to a different room means that you are not in any danger from the the MRSA at this point.

las365

Who is "we"?

Are you the patient who is hospitalized? Or is it your baby? Or your boyfriend? All three of you?

What does your boyfriend's sister have to do with this?

VanessaAlbert

How did you find out he has MRSA? If he did, they would have already moved him to an isolation room.
There is a note outside our door saying all must suit up wash hands and masks, and i ask the nurse what it ment because i want to bring my infant son to visit his dad and he said that our roomate has mrsa and then walk out. i then found him and ask him how safe is it can we catch it? and he sorta gave a nod and said he has to attend to a patient.

VanessaAlbert

Who is "we"?

Are you the patient who is hospitalized? Or is it your baby? Or your boyfriend? All three of you?

What does your boyfriend's sister have to do with this?
my boyfriend had a stroke and his sister is our only transportation and only family and she visits him it helps him get stronger. i dont want something to happen to her cause she is 7 1/2 months pregnant

ecmst12

You should avoid bringing infants into the hospital unless absolutely necessary. They could be exposed to any number of nasty bugs that they are not equipped to deal with. And I do not believe that a nurse would have so blatently violated patient confidentiality. Patients with MRSA do not share rooms with other patients.

MRSA is also not transported through the air, anyway. It's transmitted through contact.

OHRoadwarrior

MRSA is spread through direct skin-to-skin contact with an infected individual or contaminated surface. Don't touch anything on the other side of the room or shake hands with the other patient. If you are concerned about children or pregnant people coming in contact with it, tell them not to visit.

ecmst12

No one is mocking you. But you are definitely misunderstanding something.

Don't bring your baby to the hospital; it's not safe no matter WHO the roommate is.

The pregnant sister should also avoid the hospital, at least the parts where sick people are (the maternity unit is ok, most people there are not sick). But it's safer for her than it is for the infant.

If the roommate actually had MRSA, he would not be in that room, he would be in a private room with contact precautions (gown and gloves for anyone who goes in the room) in place. They do that for any patient that has tested positive for MRSA in the last 2 years, even if they don't have it currently. So I feel fairly confident that he does not actually HAVE MRSA.

And even if he did, you and your boyfriend would not be in danger of catching it just by being in the same room. There is a hand sanitizer dispenser at the doorway of every room in the hospital for a reason - use it every time you go in and out.

VanessaAlbert

we are in a rehab place.. no one is sick here but only rehabilitating these nurse come in as if they are in a toxic room head to toe covered we are at the end of a hall and the door is always closed. but this guy has a huge wound that looks infected idk what it is but nurses wont answer us on if we are safe or not

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">