• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My physician sexually touched and harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donnagail424

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
I went to my doctor yesterday, I used to work for him. When I seen him as a patient his conduct was good, but as an employee he would stop me in the hallway and grab my arms and take a deep breath, smelling me and make a moaning noise and say something in a foreign language, ( he is from India). He would make gestures with his hand for me to go into his office, but I was too afraid and he made me very uncomfortable. I finally quit and still used him as my doctor because his conduct was good in that way, but yesterday I went to see him to get a note for my school (to be a RMA) because of the possibility of having neuropathy, I was in his office and I told him menopause had really took away my sex drive, he was sitting in his chair and took his hands to his crotch, in a v shape and humped and said something in his language. I said "your married and I am happily married", can you help me with my problem." He got out of his chair and came at me, got up against me and felt his arousal and he grabbed my hands and tried to get me to touch him, it took me about 30 seconds to get him to let go, I was mortified he did this and I don't know what to do, I just walked out of the office, feeling very unclean. What should I do?

ecmst12

The way you worded your post, it makes it sound like you were actually coming on to him. I can't fathom why you would come in for a release to go to school because of neuropathy and brought up the topic of your sex drive with this person who had made you uncomfortable in the past. That doesn't make what he did appropriate, but there are certainly better places you could have looked for help with your libido issues. Nevertheless, file the complaints and find yourself a new doctor ASAP.

swalsh411

Let me make sure I have this all in the right order:

1. This person had over a long course of time touched you, spoken to you in what you believe was a sexual fashion, and made overt sexual gestures including asking you to come into his office to have sex. You never objected to this. (or at least if you did, you never let him know it)

2. Knowing all this, you went to see him because your sex drive was low and you wanted to know how to get it back up again.

3. He touched himself sexually.

4. In response to him touching himself, you asked him to help you "take care of the problem"

Is any of that not correct?

I hate to break it to you, but you came onto him.

I'mTheFather

Oh, wow, I really missed that all-important part of her post. *face-palm*

Funny thing is, if you google her username, seems she's a nurse. Odd.... or trollish.

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
I went to my doctor yesterday, I used to work for him. When I seen him as a patient his conduct was good, but as an employee he would stop me in the hallway and grab my arms and take a deep breath, smelling me and make a moaning noise and say something in a foreign language, ( he is from India). He would make gestures with his hand for me to go into his office, but I was too afraid and he made me very uncomfortable. I finally quit and still used him as my doctor because his conduct was good in that way, but yesterday I went to see him to get a note for my school (to be a RMA) because of the possibility of having neuropathy, I was in his office and I told him menopause had really took away my sex drive, he was sitting in his chair and took his hands to his crotch, in a v shape and humped and said something in his language. I said "your married and I am happily married", can you help me with my problem." He got out of his chair and came at me, got up against me and felt his arousal and he grabbed my hands and tried to get me to touch him, it took me about 30 seconds to get him to let go, I was mortified he did this and I don't know what to do, I just walked out of the office, feeling very unclean. What should I do?

Since you used to work for him, you already knew that he engaged in inappropriate behavior, yet you retained him as your doctor because "his conduct was good in that way." You then became "mortified" when he behaved in a manner you were well aware that he was capable of. Don't go back to him, and keep your mouth shut about what you say happened when you baited him about your sex drive. If you report him, you're the one who's going to look bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">