• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nerve Damage Causing Foot Drop after Total Hip Replacement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Betty

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you're not a fan of the Twins, it'll be OK.;)

EC
Go Cardinals!! (from a season ticket holder)
edited to add: I think this thread should be closed - we're getting off the subject here! :eek:)

Last edited:

deedeeo

My Doctor did not mention any specific physical therapy. I did try electrical stimulation to no avail. Please tell me what type of therapy I should be seeking. Thank you. Jassplayer
When I was having servere nerve pain(felt like an electric shock) in the bottom of my foot my therapy included the electrical stimulation, warm moist packs, and they also used a hot tub/whirlpool. I would sit on the edge of the tub with my affected foot in the water next to the jets. I also took neurontin for about 3 months. I also used a special cream that was a mixture of some kind that is used on diabetics for poor circulation. I have no idea what was in the mixture but I rubbed it on daily on the bottom of the foot, and my lower back/sciatic area. I finally was able to get rid of the pain in the bottom of my foot (after about 4 months of therapy 2-3 times a week) but still have back discomfort and also get a feeling like my foot is being sqeezed in a vise. It has been 5 years now since this happened and I take each day as it comes. I understand that there are risks with any surgery, but I didn't know about the complications as these were NOT explained to me. I probly should have asked more questions but you just don't think about those things when you are facing a surgery at least I didn't, having never gone through anything like this before EVER!!! This was the only surgery I had ever had my whole life. ( I was 41 when I had my hip replaced) I don't take any pain medication anymore as it just doesn't work for me. I try to stay as active as possible, I exercise 2 times a week at my local fitness center, walk the treadmill and use the weight machines to keep some muscle tone.I have read some of the threads to this and some people just don't have a clue. Like I said before until it happens to you, you have no idea what it is like. The one thread that really irritated me was when someone wrote that " if you would have controled your athritis in the first place you wouldn't be in this fix" how do you control it when you have nothing left in the hip but bone against bone. Thanks for letting me rant a little. If you need some more support I am just a click away. Sign me proud to be from Iowa.

ecmst12

Heh, I don't actually follow baseball much (I'm much more of a football girl these days) and I gave up on the Phillies years ago....but I still have to hate the Braves out of Brotherly Love Pride :)

Betty

Heh, I don't actually follow baseball much (I'm much more of a football girl these days) and I gave up on the Phillies years ago....but I still have to hate the Braves out of Brotherly Love Pride :)
Yea but the Phillies have a chance to win the wild card race this year.

ecmst12

So I've heard, and I'll be thrilled if they do! But not enough to actually watch a game...talk about snoresville :)

Betty

So I've heard, and I'll be thrilled if they do! But not enough to actually watch a game...talk about snoresville :)
I love baseball - have had season tickets to the Cardinal games for 9 yrs. - in the 9 yrs. my brother & I have never missed a game, never been late to a game & never left a game early (no matter how cold/hot it was, how long a rain delay or how many extra innings it went). We don't have a domed stadium either.
I'm sure the OP is really interested in my baseball loyalty - sorry OP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">