• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neurostimulator for chronic pain

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

telimaD

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Greetings and thank you in advance for any help you have for me. I have had chronic pain for three and a half years and so a pain clinic suggested an implant that delivers a signal to the damaged nerve to end the pain. I was given lidocaine in the spine that was called a trial to find out if the nerve was available to get to. It worked perfectly but only lasted two days. I had the implant put in my spine three days ago. During the surgery Ihad to stay awake to say if it was helping or not. At one point, my whole body jumped when they either hit a nerve or injured it. I was yelled at to stay still. I had no choice, my body did it and as an effect of whatever that Dr. hit, I could feel nothing but pain in the opposite foot of the chronic pain. Throughout the rest of surgery, I kept telling them something is wrong with my good foot, it feels paralysed, it hurts really bad. In the surgery room were reps from the company of the stimulator, at one point they wispered it could be parastesia, not to me but the Dr. In recovery, i couldnt breath,my bp was well over 200, the pain has no officially kept me awake three days. The Dr acts like nothing happened, refused to treat me further saying I just need to calm down it will get better. Please if you know, can you tell me what may have happened, why is the Dr. not treating the pain, the trial for the stimulator is being wasted due to this. I am near refusing to let him remove this temporary implant for fear of what else he may do to me. The pain was worse than a blood clot I suffered with years ago. Please please, help me figure out what has happened to me
Much Much thanks, telimaWhat is the name of your state?

lealea1005

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Greetings and thank you in advance for any help you have for me. I have had chronic pain for three and a half years and so a pain clinic suggested an implant that delivers a signal to the damaged nerve to end the pain. I was given lidocaine in the spine that was called a trial to find out if the nerve was available to get to. It worked perfectly but only lasted two days. I had the implant put in my spine three days ago. During the surgery Ihad to stay awake to say if it was helping or not. At one point, my whole body jumped when they either hit a nerve or injured it. I was yelled at to stay still. I had no choice, my body did it and as an effect of whatever that Dr. hit, I could feel nothing but pain in the opposite foot of the chronic pain. Throughout the rest of surgery, I kept telling them something is wrong with my good foot, it feels paralysed, it hurts really bad. In the surgery room were reps from the company of the stimulator, at one point they wispered it could be parastesia, not to me but the Dr. In recovery, i couldnt breath,my bp was well over 200, the pain has no officially kept me awake three days. The Dr acts like nothing happened, refused to treat me further saying I just need to calm down it will get better. Please if you know, can you tell me what may have happened, why is the Dr. not treating the pain, the trial for the stimulator is being wasted due to this. I am near refusing to let him remove this temporary implant for fear of what else he may do to me. The pain was worse than a blood clot I suffered with years ago. Please please, help me figure out what has happened to me
Much Much thanks, telimaWhat is the name of your state?
When did you have this procedure? Do you have a follow up appointment scheduled with your Physician?

Last edited:

telimaD

The surgery was done this last Tuesday and I am rescheduled to see the Dr. this coming surgery. I am debating that appt. because he will be removing the lead and my fear is so high that more damage will be done. At the same time, the leads hanging out of my spine have to come out.
My thanks in your interest.

lealea1005

The surgery was done this last Tuesday and I am rescheduled to see the Dr. this coming surgery. I am debating that appt. because he will be removing the lead and my fear is so high that more damage will be done. At the same time, the leads hanging out of my spine have to come out.
My thanks in your interest.
Keep the appointment. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">