• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New dentures are killing me, can I use him after a year of grief and three tries?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HuntersWife4763

I went to the dentist a year ago and got new dentures because I was told that is what I needed. This guy has remade these same dentures THREE TIMES, and I'm still having problems. I can't chew, bite into anything, or wear the bottom plate because they hurt my jaw. I have been to back to see him so many many times it's getting redundant now. I don't have dental insurance and can't afford to just go somewhere else without recourse. Can I use him? Florida

justalayman

You can sue them but unless you can show the cause of your issues are their fault, you cannot win.

I would suggest going to some other dentist or dental store and having them review your issues.

HuntersWife4763

I've been to two other dentists. One was a dental surgeon because they thought I had necrosis of the jaw. Both said it was just the fact that the lower dentures needed adjustments and such. My question is, just how much adjusting should I have to put up with??? This isn't the first time I've ever had dentures, I've been wearing them since I was 28yrs old. I'm 52 now.

justalayman

I would say you have put up with enough. I would seek a refund on whatever he cannot make fit correctly and then go elsewhere to get a new set. If he refuses then given the issue being what it is you probably should consider or at least consult with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">