• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not good...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prestonking

My wife had a doctors appointment back in July of 2013 at that time her test results had possible signs Cervical Cancer. The doctors office NEVER INFORMED US OF THIS. She got "lost in the shuffle" They had admitted to this.

She had a "follow up" on Monday and we are now waiting for the results. She already received one positive test of a virus that causes this cancer. We are both a wreck at this point and desperately need any advice.

Last edited:

quincy

My wife had a doctors appointment back in July of 2003 at that time her test results had possible signs Cervical Cancer. The doctors office NEVER INFORMED US OF THIS. She got "lost in the shuffle" They had admitted to this.

She had a "follow up" on Monday and we are now waiting for the results. She already received one positive test of a virus that causes this cancer. We are both a wreck at this point and desperately need any advice.
What is the name of your state, prestonking?

Did you mean to write 2013 instead of 2003? Twelve years after a first test would not be a "follow up."

Is the virus that was detected HPV?

Last edited:

prestonking

What is the name of your state, prestonking?

Did you mean to write 2013 instead of 2003? Twelve years after a first test would not be a "follow up."

Is the virus that was detected HPV?
I meant July of 2013, sorry I am just a mess at this point, yes it was HPV and we are in New Hampshire.

quincy

Here is a link to information on HPV and cervical cancer from Web MD: http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/hpv-genital-warts/cervical-cancer-hpv-what-women-girls-should-know

The information from Web MD can, perhaps, provide you and your wife with some reassurance while you wait for Monday's results. The fact that a test is positive for HPV does not mean your wife has cancer or that any treatment will be needed. HPV is a common virus. Cervical cancer remains rare.

It is often the case that a positive test result only means that additional tests will be done more often. For this reason, I do not see that your wife has any legal action to pursue at this point in time - although you and your wife can always consult with an attorney for an evaluation of all facts.

I know the word "cancer" is scary. I will hope that Monday's test result brings good news to you and your wife.

ajkroy

HPV is the most common STD. Don't be alarmed -- most adults acquire it at some point in their lives. But did she not have a PAP smear in 2014?

Ladyback1

My husband was diagnosed with throat/neck cancer in December. His was caused by HPV.
The successful treatment rate for HPV caused cancers vs. non HPV cancers is usually much better.

(Husband had radiation for 7 weeks, 5 days/wk and chemotherapy every 21 days---and there is no sign of the cancer now.)

It's scary, it's overwhelming--trust me I know!

ecmst12

If she's been going for her annual appointments like she should be, then she's received proper care. Depending on the level of abnormal cells found, most of the time it resolves on its own, so they would simply do another test in 6 months or a year and see what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">