• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nurse/MD on Helth Clinic MAlpractice Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gvilla

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to Sue a MD/Nurse for the damage caused to the leg of my little daughter while she was injected with a vaccine and have them pay for all my legal expenses.

My little has a scar of about 2 inches and I do not think it will go away.

She is 3 years old now and she was 2 when it happened.

This occurred in Brownsville, TX.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Virginia Hernandez.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to Sue a MD/Nurse for the damage caused to the leg of my little daughter while she was injected with a vaccine and have them pay for all my legal expenses.

My little has a scar of about 2 inches and I do not think it will go away.

She is 3 years old now and she was 2 when it happened.

This occurred in Brownsville, TX.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Virginia Hernandez.

What do you think the doc did wrong? (Your post was pretty sparse)

gvilla

Well,

The nurse was holding my child by her hands with 1 hand and the nurse applied the vaccine with the other hand while I was holding her feet, and when my little one felt the pain of the needle she free herself her hands from the Nurse and pull the syringe away causing herself damage on her leg.

The nurse did not care and just cleaned the wound.

Later I went to the Doctors and told him about it and he just told me that he will prescribe a gel for the wound to be cured.

One day later I came back to the clinic for her to be checked and the Doctor told me to keep using the Gel...

I believe that they need to pay me for their Malpractice against my child....

Zigner

And you have had another doctor tell you that these health care professionals did something that was not appropriate?

Proserpina

Well,

The nurse was holding my child by her hands with 1 hand and the nurse applied the vaccine with the other hand while I was holding her feet, and when my little one felt the pain of the needle she free herself her hands from the Nurse and pull the syringe away causing herself damage on her leg.

The nurse did not care and just cleaned the wound.

Later I went to the Doctors and told him about it and he just told me that he will prescribe a gel for the wound to be cured.

One day later I came back to the clinic for her to be checked and the Doctor told me to keep using the Gel...

I believe that they need to pay me for their Malpractice against my child....
Malpractice?

It is commonly expected that a two year old will wriggle when a syringe is introduced to the body.

You were holding her, along with two others - who is at fault here?

What do you think they should have done?

gvilla

Only the Nurse and I were holding her, as I said before the nurse was holding my baby's hands with only one hand, while I was holding her feet.I believe they, as you say, should have at least 2 nurses to avoid this type of malpractices.

I do believe strongly that all the fault is on the Clinic personnel, though.:mad:

gvilla

And you have had another doctor tell you that these health care professionals did something that was not appropriate?
So, you do believe that I should go see another doctor to see if he agrees that the medic/nurse were wrong?:mad:

Zigner

Only the Nurse and I were holding her, as I said before the nurse was holding my baby's hands with only one hand, while I was holding her feet.I believe they, as you say, should have at least 2 nurses to avoid this type of malpractices.

I do believe strongly that all the fault is on the Clinic personnel, though.:mad:

(I'm not going much further with this. IMO, you have no case)

Zigner

So, you do believe that I should go see another doctor to see if he agrees that the medic/nurse were wrong?:mad:
Not only that, but you would have to find one who is willing to testify in court to that effect.

lealea1005

I give injections to infants and toddlers on a daily basis and can tell you that I rarely see a 2 year old who isn't squirming and flailing when they see that syringe headed their way (ok, maybe one, but that was really unusual). Unfortunately, no matter how diligent we are in restraining a child, every once in a while, one of their little hands get loose and they move or pull out the needle as the vaccine is being given. It's not intentional or negligent.

For a 2 year old, I've always found having the child restrained while sitting in the parent's lap is the most helpful for keeping them both calm and still. Perhaps you'd like to give it a try in the future.

In the meantime, follow Doctor's orders for treating the scratch. The scar, if any, will probably fade as your child gets older.

Proserpina

Whenever my toddler has needed a shot, it's usually her sitting on my lap while the nurse administers the shot. It's never taken three people (and I do have one of the most wriggly children in the world - trust me) to get the job done.

I do have to ask though - if you were both holding your daughter, why isn't this as much your fault as the nurse's fault? (I am not convinced anyone is at fault for anything, but I'd be curious to see the answer)

ecmst12

And by the time the child is old enough to notice things like scars, it will probably be almost invisible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">