• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nurse in PA PHMP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nurseinneed

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hi,

I recently signed a consent agreement with the PA State BON which puts me in the Professional Health Monitoring Program. In the agreement there are NO stated work restrictions to my five year probation. Just recently when I asked concerning this, there was some investigation as to why this was not in my agreement. They came back with several restrictions including "must be a supervisor on staff", no work in ICU, ER, agency, etc. etc. I am questioning whether I have to abide by these restrictions because it was not in the legally binding contract that I signed. Please advise.

Thank you,

Nurseinneed

ecmst12

Who is "they"? If "they" is the board, I would say yes you have to do what they say if you want to keep your license.

OHRoadwarrior

According to big brother, you must comply with whatever they require period.

All licensees involved in the DMU must adhere to all the stipulations of the board order as written. Licensees who violate a board order are immediately reported to the Department of State Prosecution Division for appropriate action.
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/030_disciplinary_monitoring_unit/12480

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">