• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nursing home abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janetbracero

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

I have a easy question. I know we will have to get a lawyer , so please do not post a response telling me to get a lawyer. My general question is how do attorneys calculate the amount to ask for in a lawsuit against a nursing home for abuse- development of bedsore, fall without injury, and malnutrition. I know with a personal injury that the ususal formula is three times the medical bill. How are damages calculated in a nursing home abuse case?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

I have a easy question. I know we will have to get a lawyer , so please do not post a response telling me to get a lawyer. My general question is how do attorneys calculate the amount to ask for in a lawsuit against a nursing home for abuse- development of bedsore, fall without injury, and malnutrition. I know with a personal injury that the ususal formula is three times the medical bill. How are damages calculated in a nursing home abuse case?
There is no single formula which would apply in every situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

ecmst12

It's going to involve how likely the injuries were to have happened even with the best possible care, and how much was due to underlying illness, and how healthy the patient was before anything happened. You will most likely have a hard time finding a lawyer who thinks your case is worth their time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">