• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nursing home infection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bellecreole

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

my mom Was at this nursing she had caught cdiff and mrsa can i sue the nursing not properly take care of the patient...

Ladyback1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

my mom Was at this nursing she had caught cdiff and mrsa can i sue the nursing not properly take care of the patient...
probably not...MRSA is highly contagious, sometimes regardless of the precautions a facility are taking.

Per MayoClinic.com: C. difficile bacteria can be found throughout the environment — in soil, air, water, and human and animal feces. A small number of healthy people naturally carry the bacteria in their large intestine. But C. difficile is most common in hospitals and other health care facilities, where a much higher percentage of people carry the bacteria.

Sorry about your mother.

ecmst12

There would only be a case if you could show that the home did not meet the standard of care when caring for the patient, taking appropriate precautions to prevent the spread of infection. Sadly, it is entirely possible, even likely, that mom contracted the infection DESPITE all the proper precautions being taken. She was in the nursing home because she is elderly and not able to care for herself, that means her body is weak and not able to defend itself well against everyday bacteria that is present everywhere. But without knowing more about the nursing home's policies and whether they were followed properly, it's impossible to say more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">