• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Patient deatlh may be hospital's fault, hospital won't do autopsy.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hidden

I live in NY state.
There has been a death in the family. Person was in the hospital. Family strongly believes death was the fault of hospital neglect. The patient's doctor ordered an autopsy. The hospital refused to do it? Can they do that? What is the families next step?

BelizeBreeze

hidden said:
I live in NY state.
There has been a death in the family. Person was in the hospital. Family strongly believes death was the fault of hospital neglect. The patient's doctor ordered an autopsy. The hospital refused to do it? Can they do that? What is the families next step?
Of course they can. so the next step for the family is to hire a private autopsy done.

barry1817

autopsy

hidden said:
I live in NY state.
I liked the idea of having a private autospsy done, and get the death certificate to check on what the hospital listed as cause of death.

rmet4nzkx

WHy would you want the same hospital you feel caused the death to do the autopsy? Have you checked with the county or state re an autopsy, of course you will need the funeral arrangements ammended to have the body available for the autopsy, perhaps a memorial service?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">