• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Patient Sustains Injury Upon Medical Facility Discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bruce Davis IX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey
My uncle was in the process of being discharged from a rehabilitation center when he sustained injuries on the premises as a consequence of some staff workmen performing duties for the rehab center. He is now experiencing pain, sometimes very acute, in and around the area of impact, and throughout his body, none of which existed prior to the incident. My questions are: When selecting an attorney in a situation like this, is it preferable from the plaintiff's position to hire a local law firm or one of the larger firms (i.e. J&M, Yankowitz, etc.) which does a lot of advertising. Also, is the contingency fee set at 33.3% under NJ state law as some firms state? And do firms always handle these types of cases on a contingency basis? Thanks for your advice.

ecmst12

This isn't really your issue, you should have your uncle post if he has questions. But if any lawyer won't take the case on contingency, it means the case is not strong enough for them to be confident of a settlement that will be large enough to cover the costs involved and still leave some profit for them and pain & suffering money for the plaintiff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">