• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pharmacist gave wrong medication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pixelist

Georgia:

Just an hour ago, a pharmacist gave me the wrong medication. It was the same type but it was time released capsules instead of non-time released tablets. I have been on this medication for quite some time so I immediately knew it was wrong.

I took photographs of the medication, pill bottle, receipts, etc.., and took the medication back to make sure it wasn't some new kind of pill that I hadn't heard about. I told them I thought they gave me the wrong medication, they opened the bottle, got a bewildered look on their face and fixed the error.

If I wouldn't have taken this medication previously and known it was wrong, it might have done some serious damage. It is also a controlled substance and closely monitored.

What do I do?

Thanks.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

You already did exactly the right thing, you returned the Rx you knew was wrong and they replaced it. You have suffered no damages. You can make a complaint with the management or corporate offices. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">