• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plastic surgeon altered an important body part without permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1bella

I never wanted to have plastic surgery. However my facial skin was damaged and I needed a surgery to look like my age and not like someone much older. I did extensive search and I found a doctor who seemed good as their results were very natural.
I am pleased about the correction that the doctor made to my face on agreed parts. However the doctor altered my nose also during the surgery. We never ever agreed on doing anything to my nose. My nose was perfect.
Now my nose has a stick bridge and the bottom part seems wide. Dorsal hump was shaved off and that lead to nose dropping and now it also seems longer.
I appreciate the doctors other work that was done around my face. However I get a huge anxiety from what was done to my nose. I never believed this could happen. I feel I was a target of very brutal act and my nose is ruined.

I read that this sort of deformity is very hard to correct since the bony upper part of the nose and cartilage on loiwer part have been detached. That can happen when dorsal hump is reduced.

What are my chances in winning the case if I take this to a court?
The doctor did something that I did not let them do. A word nose was never mentioned in our conversations and making the agreement.

I don't have much (tens of thousands) money to spend, but does this seem like a case someone would like to help with and get money after the case is won.

I'm going to have my nose scanned that I hopefully get to know what exactly was done to it. Have not received the papers from doctors office yet even I asked for them for 3 times.

I would be pleased to receive any advice.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I never wanted to have plastic surgery. However my facial skin was damaged and I needed a surgery to look like my age and not like someone much older. I did extensive search and I found a doctor who seemed good as their results were very natural.
I am pleased about the correction that the doctor made to my face on agreed parts. However the doctor altered my nose also during the surgery. We never ever agreed on doing anything to my nose. My nose was perfect.
Now my nose has a stick bridge and the bottom part seems wide. Dorsal hump was shaved off and that lead to nose dropping and now it also seems longer.
I appreciate the doctors other work that was done around my face. However I get a huge anxiety from what was done to my nose. I never believed this could happen. I feel I was a target of very brutal act and my nose is ruined.

I read that this sort of deformity is very hard to correct since the bony upper part of the nose and cartilage on loiwer part have been detached. That can happen when dorsal hump is reduced.

The doctor did something that I did not let them do. A word nose was never mentioned in our conversations and making the agreement.

I don't have much (tens of thousands) money to spend, but does this seem like a case someone would like to help with and get money after the case is won.

I'm going to have my nose scanned that I hopefully get to know what exactly was done to it. Have not received the papers from doctors office yet even I asked for them for 3 times.

Where are you located?

quincy

What is the name of your state, 1bella?

Have you spoken with your surgeon who did the work on your face? That should be the first thing you do, so the doctor can explain what was done and why. There might have been a need to alter your nose.

You should also read over carefully all of the documents you signed prior to the surgery.

1bella

What is the name of your state, 1bella?

Have you spoken with your surgeon who did the work on your face? That should be the first thing you do, so the doctor can explain what was done and why. There might have been a need to alter your nose.

You should also read over carefully all of the documents you signed prior to the surgery.
The procedure was done in Florida.
I did sign papers to let surgeon to do extra during surgery if needed.
However my surgery was about lifting muscles and skin not about shaving off bone etc. from my nose.
If doing that is legal I loose my faith in humanity.
Seems like they don't remember my procedure. Isn't it illegal not to give the paperwork of the surgery to the patient when they ask for it?

Nosejob is one of the hardest operation snd altering it a tiny bit can change the whole looks of the nose. It is something that should not be allowed to alter without discussing and planning with patient.
Micro rhinoplasty is a procedure where patients nose is operated with tiny saw. There is minor nose bleed and recovery is quick. Patient can go to work in 1-2 days. And the procedure can be as quick as 5 minutes.
I believe my nose bone was shaved in similar operation.

quincy

The procedure was done in Florida.
I did sign papers to let surgeon to do extra during surgery if needed.
However my surgery was about lifting muscles and skin not about shaving off bone etc. from my nose ...
... I believe my nose bone was shaved in similar operation.
I see problems in that you agreed to let the surgeon do extra work "if needed." You need to find out if the work that was done on your nose was necessary to achieve the results on the rest of your face.

Again, make an appointment with your surgeon to discuss the operation and what was done and why.

You can then make an appointment with another surgeon for an opinion of your own surgeon's work.

Based on what you learn, you could make an appointment with an attorney for a personal review.

commentator

How long has it been since you had the surgery? I recall hearing that it takes quite a while for a finished nose to settle into its final shape after being changed. Be sure to ask the doctor about this when you meet with him.

1bella

Yes it takes time to settle if it was regular rhinoplasty.
My nose bone was rasped with some power tool.
Those kind of rhinoplasties have minial bruising and swelling an people can go to work in1-2 days.

It's been 7 months. I think I file a coutrt case of this. My nose is awfull.
Doctor just tries to avoid me.
If this is legal, I might just stop living in this world.
Who can I trust if not doctors who are supposed to help people, not destroy.

quincy

Yes it takes time to settle if it was regular rhinoplasty.
My nose bone was rasped with some power tool.
Those kind of rhinoplasties have minial bruising and swelling an people can go to work in1-2 days.

It's been 7 months. I think I file a coutrt case of this. My nose is awfull.
Doctor just tries to avoid me.
If this is legal, I might just stop living in this world.
Who can I trust if not doctors who are supposed to help people, not destroy.
If you want to go ahead with a legal action, sit down with an attorney in your area to discuss the facts, this if you are reluctant to discuss the issue with your doctor first (which is what I recommend you do).

Although I am sure this is emotional for you, and how the surgery has emotionally affected you can play a role in a case, I recommend you try to keep from your discussions with the attorney all of the dramatics (comments like "I might just stop living in this world").

The statute of limitations for medical malpractice actions in Florida is two years from the date of discovery.

1bella

I like the results on the parts of the face which we agreed with ps.

PS altered my nose. It lookd totslly different. It was beautiful nose earlier with very feminine royal hump. Now my nose bridge is a stick and tip os hunging and it is bulbous. My nose has also inverted v deformity.
No it was not necessary to do. I have loose skin there where my bone and cartilage was rasped out. Nose is something pz should not mess with if it has not been agreed.
Ps did terrible mistake by disfiguring me. I never wanted to do a plastic surgery but had to because dermatologist made my skin sag with lazer. I had to fix that, not my nose which was beautiful piece of gene art.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">