• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plastic Surgeon Showing My Photos, What Can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrPolaroid

I had a hair transplant procedure last year that did not turn out well. I posted some close up photos on a hair tranplant forum, that show how the result was compromised, and told the forum I would not personally recommend the doctor based on my experience.

The doctor's consultant responded by posting large pictures of me, from when I was in his office. A small box was placed over my central facial features, but my cheeks, facial hair, and eyebrows are still visible. This is enough information to compromise my anonymity. Anyone that I work with is able to recognize me from the photos. I told the doctor to edit the photos to completely hide my facial features. It has been a week and he has not responded.

The implication is that if you complain about your service from this particular doctor, he will compromise your identity, causing you potential irreparable professional/reputation harm.

I am researching legal action to take, and need some advice. I recognize that I can file a Cease and Desist against the doctor and/or the forum, but would like to solve it aimicably, if possible. I am not sure if I should pursue a C&D against the website, or the doctor. It might also be worth mentioning that the employee of the doctor, who posted the photos, is hosting them on his personal website. It bothers me that my photos, that I presume are property of the doctor, are being hosted on a "third party" site, and linked to on the forum.

The problem is that a C&D will cost money and the damage is already done. At best a C&D will get them to remove the photos, and I will be out the legal fees, with damage to my identity not remedied.

The doctor made some mistakes which I have documented, but I dont think contractually he guaranteed the growth of the hair or his aesthetic ability. He did however provide a verbal "guarantee" that the grafts would grow. At this point I am much less concerned with the poor result than I am about my compromised identity. I have the feeling this is beyond a C&D at this point.

This doctor is located in Canada, so let me know how that will impact how I proceed.

Thank You

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Last edited:

ecmst12

The doctor is not in the US so you really need to be looking for canadian law. However, it is VERY likely that you allowed the doctor to use your picture in the paperwork you signed when you consented to treatment. It is possible that if you let the doctor know what is going on he will take care of the problem though...that employee is likley overstepping and making him look bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">