• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Overdose?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asdpyro

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I went to a doctor for an infection called epididimitus and received an antibiotic in the form of a shot. Less than 2 minuets later I lost consciousness and had a major seizure. The doctors office called an ambulance and had me rushed to the nearest hospital. The doctor at the hospital said that the penicilin based drug used in high dosages can cause seizures and the same dosege would have been administered via IV over the coarse of 30 min. Is this first doctor the one who gave the shot responsible for the medical bills that accumulated because of the ambulance ride and hospital bills? and more maybe?

The shot was a mixture of 3 or 4 different drugs and was given to me in a single injection in my upper thigh. I have no previous history of seizures or allergies. Im male, age 20, weigh about 150 pounds.

Last edited:

ecmst12

Having a known possible adverse reaction to an appropriately prescribed and administered drug does NOT indicate that any malpractice was committed.

lya

The drug that they billed me for was Caftriaxone Sodium per 250
Well, that was an appropriate dosage of an appropriate medication via an appropriate route, unless you are allergic to cephalosporins. 5-10% of patients who are allergic to penicillin will have an adverse reaction to cephalosporins as each has a beta-lactam ring structure.

IV administration of 250mg Caftriaxone Sodium can be administered in 2-3 minutes as an IV push; it may also be diluted and infused over 30 minutes to one hour.

Sometimes, ED physicians should just keep their mouths shut.

The correct spelling of your condition is, epididymitis. Hopefully, it resolved by now.

Bottom line: it does not appear that any valid claim of medical malpractice occurred.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">