• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Practice owner cheating Associate Dentist on payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AssociateDentis

I'm an associate Dentist working at another dentist's practice. I realized that the practice owner has been paying me 40% less than is owed to me. When I showed him the production and collection records he is dragging his feet.
This is a breach of contract. What options do I have for resolution?
Thanks for everyone's help.

justalayman

Make a demand for money owed (as long as the contract does not allow the payments to be delayed for some reason). If rebuffed a court is the only avenue available to enforce the contract.

quincy

I'm an associate Dentist working at another dentist's practice. I realized that the practice owner has been paying me 40% less than is owed to me. When I showed him the production and collection records he is dragging his feet.
This is a breach of contract. What options do I have for resolution?
Thanks for everyone's help.
What is the name of your state, AssociateDentis, or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

Whenever there is a contract dispute, the contract in question needs to be reviewed in its entirety.

AssociateDentis

What is the name of your state, AssociateDentis, or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

Whenever there is a contract dispute, the contract in question needs to be reviewed in its entirety.
Hi, I'm in Illinois.
I have found an employment lawyer, but I was trying to get this resolved amicably. I would prefer to not get into legal battles. I'm not the only dentist he has cheated. The staff now tells me that he has cheated or tried to cheat EACH and every dentist that has worked there. I want to do something that warns others and see if there is any social shame I can bring on him.

quincy

Hi, I'm in Illinois.
I have found an employment lawyer, but I was trying to get this resolved amicably. I would prefer to not get into legal battles. I'm not the only dentist he has cheated. The staff now tells me that he has cheated or tried to cheat EACH and every dentist that has worked there. I want to do something that warns others and see if there is any social shame I can bring on him.
Please keep all of your related questions to this thread, AssociateeDentis. Starting second threads makes it difficult for forum members to address your concerns adequately. Thanks.

And thank you for providing your state name.

If you have an employment lawyer, you should be directing all of your questions to this attorney. Your attorney would probably advise you against communicating anything about the owner of the practice to others. For one thing, that is no way to get matters resolved amicably and, for another thing, that is a good way to get you sued by the practice owner.

You should never believe gossip or rumors. While they may hold a kernel of truth, they are often the source of exaggerated or embellished claims or total falsehoods.

Last edited:

adjusterjack

I want to do something that warns others and see if there is any social shame I can bring on him.
No, you don't. Trust me, that doesn't get you any money and it's not going to stop him from doing the same thing to somebody else.

Work on getting your money and let others take care of themselves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">